Slide in camper & towing trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOLER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Even if you find a slide-in truck camper that is lightweight, you still have to account for your gear. And those advertised camper weights are dry weights. And you'll be hardpressed to find one on the cheap. Truck campers are super pricey. And it's difficult to find a used one in good shape. You mentioned you don't want a toy hauler, but there are versions where you fold up the table, seats, and beds, pull the toy in, then get the toy out, and fold everything down for use. But when it comes to truck campers, they're heavy and pricey. And what most people don't account for is that when you have a truck camper, all of that weight is in your truck. And when it catches the wind, the whole truck sways. Very fatiguing on long trips. I had an 11 foot Lance in my dually, and all that weight moving the whole truck got old real quick. Needless to say, I don't have it anymore.