Slight things wrong...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok just an update to my concerns, never made it for my Thursday appointment. The reason being is when my wife went out to the truck today after last nights rain, the back driver’s side seat was wet. I went out there and the seat, headrest, and back part were all wet. The rain stopped at 7pm and I went out at 8am. Drive it instantly back to the dealership. Had the service manager look again and they put me in a loaner right away.

Now I’m not mad as stuff happens and I know it will get fixed again. Just updating my slight issues. Also
while it’s there early, my brake squeal will ALSO be addressed.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Honestly I’m feeling this is going to be a continual learning process for them. The reason why I didn’t get the panoramic roof was I didn’t want leaks. I wish they hadn’t gone with roof mounted antenna also.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly I’m feeling this is going to be a continual learning process for them. The reason why I didn’t get the panoramic roof was I didn’t want leaks. I wish they hadn’t gone with roof mounted antenna also.

I am hoping no leaks but I don't think the truck has a seen a major storm yet. Luckily a park in a parking garage at work, and made room for the truck in my garage at home, so standing water is not going to be super common for me. Of course it is FL so it will still see plenty of rain.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Even with that my buddy has a Limited and a garage that will accommodate his truck. He went on vacation and came out to his truck with a flooded back seat/ floor. The worse part is he just started his vacation and the local dealer wouldn’t get him in to address it.

H got home and his dealership told him it was his drain plug and his rear power window that was leaking. Now he was PISSED and was acting a fool because he spent over $60,000 for a leaking truck. They still have his trying to sort it out. [emoji22]

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The real question is how did it wet inside a garage lol

I may spray my truck to see if it leaks anywhere.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh no lol he was on vacation and the truck was parked outside of his hotel room. When he first got it it was parked in his garage at home. Didn’t have that luxury while out of State and in a hotel.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm disappointed to read that water got into your non panoramic roof. Now I'm going to check my truck after a rain

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That’s the sad part as I thought I was minimizing any chance of leakage. Shame on me for thinking that lol.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Going out to check my truck now. It rained this morning.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My advise to All is to take your trucks to a self service car wash and concentrate a strong stream of water in these areas. Better to find out now as opposed to my buddy who was away for vacation.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems to be hit or miss. Monsoonal rains here, numerous power and conventional wash jobs. 0 leaks. 4th gen alpine radio was better than the HK, so not perfect.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
Anyone else hate how the alerts for parking warn you’re ‘about to hit something’ in front of you when in reverse, or vice-versa!!?

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone else hate how the alerts for parking warn you’re ‘about to hit something’ in front of you when in reverse, or vice-versa!!?

Yes. And it's across all the FCA lineup.
My dads jeep does it too.
I'm used to it, but still makes me stop to triple check that something didn't run out behind me.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Haven't noticed that - but I did not know that you have to turn off rear park assist while backing in a trailer. It auto-stopped for me twice before I caught on lol.

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
Anyone else had an issue with the trim around the rear seat recline handles? It fell off when putting the seat down, and some of the tabs had broken off. It doesn’t stay on reliably.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Any pictures of that area so I’ll know exactly where to look please ?

Kevin1022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Haven't noticed that - but I did not know that you have to turn off rear park assist while backing in a trailer. It auto-stopped for me twice before I caught on lol.

I have had rear park assist alert me while I am stopped and someone comes up behind me. It’s strange to get the beep while stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk