Slimer, project car/truck seeking suspension advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spydieee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alrighty strangers, I have a project that is a little off-normal. I have this sorta lofty, overlanding, mixed-surface, madmax, houston-streets-capable, buck-wild build that I have been working on for a while now. I have a 98 2wd ram chassis that I'm using as my platform for bringing my 63' valiant into the "DIWhy" fold.
Short story, I wanted a safari-build and it's evolved into something a lil different. I need some advice on what to do to make this abomination drivable again. More things are to come such as articulating suspension, on air and full mixed-surface capabilities. Not
-----
Now, what I'm facing is some trash threads on many of my 2nd gen wheels studs, a full set of 4th gen wheels that won't fit over the larger bore.
This is mostly pertaining to the front wheels as the rear will be swapped out for an IRS from a Durango, JGC, or even Expedition.
-----
The factory 2nd gen wheels suck and the tires are unusable. I am considering implementing wheel spacers to utilize the 4th gen wheels I have on hand, possibly living with for the long haul, to eventually mount some BFG A/Ts and call it a day (in that department)
What I want to know is should I replace the crap studs and mount wheel spacers to get this thing rolling or do I find a way to convert the 2nd gen knuckles to the OEM 4th gen knuckles that I already have from my daily that i also have on hand or just make the 2nd gen safe enough to roll for a lil while until I do the extra-fun suspension stuff that I am considering down the road?

Wheel spacers are notoriously unsafe BUT for a while will not be driving this with family or any long distances and want to at least get out of the shop and get on/off my own lift (QuickJack) and driveway.
Any advice for mounting the wheels to the chassis I have would be great. More to come!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301_014924_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301_014924_Gallery.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230301_014900_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301_014900_Gallery.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 5