Slow TPMS - 2021 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merrittfamily

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
2021 RAM 3500 Diesel Dually 4wd :

TPMS - We are camping in a fairly remote area without cell service. We did some 4-wheeling on gravel roads and picked up a sharp stone that pushed into the tire, but we didn't know.

We got back to the campsite, and a fellow camper knocked on the door to let us know we had a flat. Flat as a pancake.

While I was changing it, another guy came by and said he noticed it was low when we pulled in.

We did not receive any kind of alert. My Jeep would alert me as soon as I started the engine. We stopped and restarted the truck several times during the day.

I threw the flat on the bed the next day and we went up the road. We were out for 30 minutes, started the truck twice, before the TPMS alert came on as we were rolling.

I left the TPMS screen on as we drove and it seemed to be updating in real time.

This isn't a false error which is common. I would love to know why the system missed the flat and low pressure for so long.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It’s because the 3500 doesn’t have TPMS (monitoring) system. It has TPIS (information) system. With TPIS, you have to purposely pull up the tire pressure screen to see the pressures, and it won’t actively warn you of low pressures.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sometimes I just sit back and wonder why people will invest 10's of thousands of dollars in a vehicle and not look at the owner's manual.