SLT 8 Badge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Thinking of putting a "custom" badge on the tailgate. Would be the same design as SRT 8 but the R will be replaced with a L.

I have seen 3rd gens put SRT 8 and R/T badges on their Rams and its their choice but i don't want to put on a badge that states something that really is not.

I have always like the look of the SRT 8 badge design, so maybe the SLT 8 is custom enough to not step on any SRT or R/T toes and provide an idea that the truck is a custom v8 w/ SLT trim.

I guess the Q is do you think this would be a good idea to do?

srt8_badge_.jpg

It will go in the same place as the oem SLT badge was.

5487835652_2d70c1639b_b.jpg

5337253236_faa9146f11_b.jpg

Last edited:

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the concept, but I think we can come up with something more clever than "SLT 8." I'm not sure right now, but I'll think of something.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See...I disagree. I think that's very clever. It fits the truck whereas the last thing I think of when I look at your truck is that it started out as an SLT.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh the truck will provide inspiration, but it's not going to be due to a badge. That thing is exactly what I would love to have for a garage toy.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I thought that was you Daniel lol, welcome back.

I dont know man, I like your truck without anything on it. The SLT 8 Badge just doesnt do it for me, its still a copy of the SRT8 badge no matter how you look at it. Badges are just that, let the truck do the talking.

Maybe see if you can get a cool airbrush graphic on the tailgate or something.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
:slap:
Give yourself some credit. Your ole white QC was pretty darn impressive as well :)

Hey I appreciate that a lot. Any time I get a compliment from someone with a vehicle like yours I take it very highly.

OP
OP
T

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Thanks Ryan,

Was originally going to have some old style pinstriping done on the tailgate but never heard back from the painter. Kind of fell through after that since new ideas came up.

Here one that rye chopped
5527100168_d6f76fc9d6.jpg

Thought about removing the 8 and replaced with the Dodge red stripes.

SLT//
Dodge-logo-i01.jpg

Your right though with the "Badges are just that, let the truck do the talking"

Speaking of which :)

5526560043_5015894d94_z.jpg

I thought that was you Daniel lol, welcome back.

I dont know man, I like your truck without anything on it. The SLT 8 Badge just doesnt do it for me, its still a copy of the SRT8 badge no matter how you look at it. Badges are just that, let the truck do the talking.

Maybe see if you can get a cool airbrush graphic on the tailgate or something.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Nice.

If you do go with the SLT badge, the only way I would do it is withe the sripes, not with the "8" just to keep it original

OP
OP
T

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Thats would be good too. Until someone who actually is slammed scrapes by and laughs at my 4/6 LOL.
The reason for the SLT is even though it is not a "luxury" trim, its still a oem trim regardless. It will also give a indication when someone sees the 6.1 manifold that the badge provides some idea thats its a 5.7 since i am not giving false infomation that its a SRT.
I think i may put this in the back of my mind until later lol.

What about slammed/8 or shaved/8...but keeping the OEM font. I don't really care for the SLT/8 much....

Last edited:

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
I dunno your truck is just pure sexy, it gave me alot of inspiration over the past yr, a 2/4 is def in order for me, i did use a r/t badge just to jazz up the black front end, hell everyone knows they didnt make a 3rd gen r/t....

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I couldn't find the one pic I was looking for but this will do. This is off my friends truck.

SRT666.jpg

I think you need to do something totally original like this. Like Mad Mopar...still not feelin the SLT lol

OP
OP
T

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Its looks good on that truck but just not for me since i don't have a SRT.
I prob' end up getting one of the following for the tailgate only.
SRT font
SLT VIII
SLT //
TSG 8
TSG //

Thanks for all the comments, input and suggestions. Nice to have a different array of comments on a forum.

I couldn't find the one pic I was looking for but this will do. This is off my friends truck.

SRT666.jpg

I think you need to do something totally original like this. Like Mad Mopar...still not feelin the SLT lol