Small Rant Honda credit card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Dec 9 2020 I bought a Honda CRF 125 dirt bike Honda is running 0% for 12 months so I put no money down and just signed and loaded it up. January 6th I get the Honda credit card in the mail. I created an online login now that I had my card info and made a payment for $500 when it said $37 was due February 2nd. Fast forward February 4th 2021 I get a call saying my account is past due and I didn’t make a payment for February. I spend 2+ hours on the phone and they tell me that my payment was for January etc. etc. I repeated myself saying feb was my first payment due. They put me on hold for a half hour and come back and say you’re right your account wasn’t created yet so the payment you made went straight to principle. I pleaded with them to not dock me any late payment and they refused and said if it showes up on your credit report you can dispute it.
On top of that the $12,000 card now has a credit limit of $5,000 (guess when you miss a payment it cuts over 50% of the credit line. So that is a different department they transfer me to. That csr says we have to run your credit for a credit line increase I said no I want it reversed. They said we can’t do that. UNBELIEVABLE
I paid the card off in full and will cancel it because they do not deserve my business.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Sounds typical, sorry that happened to you. What a bunch of crap, seeing as how you probably had an email confirmation of your payment AND since there was no interest for 12 months, of course the entire payment went to the principal. Clearly you were on the phone with some genius reading from a scripted set of responses.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Sounds typical, sorry that happened to you. What a bunch of crap, seeing as how you probably had an email confirmation of your payment AND since there was no interest for 12 months, of course the entire payment went to the principal. Clearly you were on the phone with some genius reading from a scripted set of responses.
It was painful. I pay all of my bills a month in advance and never have issues. All bills come in the mail and say I owe $0.00 because the payment way processed before the billing cycle. I was blown away by the lack of support

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
These days it seems like in order to get anywhere, you need the Manager's Manager to recognize a logical point and make a decision. Crazy...

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would call again. I have used Honda financial several times over the years. the last time was on a 2017 Civic i had bought for my daughter. We had auto pay set up and when the last payment was due there was an issue on their end. It was a known issue their system went down and the payment was late and they wanted to charge a fee. I bet I was on the phone 10 different times for hours and finally got the right person and got it taken care of.

you have a paper trail so get your state atty office involved.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I would call again. I have used Honda financial several times over the years. the last time was on a 2017 Civic i had bought for my daughter. We had auto pay set up and when the last payment was due there was an issue on their end. It was a known issue their system went down and the payment was late and they wanted to charge a fee. I bet I was on the phone 10 different times for hours and finally got the right person and got it taken care of.

you have a paper trail so get your state atty office involved.
This is Honda credit card ran by Citibank and then Honda card has its own division so they can bounce you back and forth. I paid off the entire card feb 5th so I will hopefully not see any effects of it. If I have to climb the ladder I will because credit scores will drop 40 points in a heartbeat but then takes years to move up 1 point.