Small V8 Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my city mpg tanked when I did my vararam.

That's because with little airflow the vararam is doing nothing but sucking hot air from under the hood. There's a reason manufacturers took the air cleaner off the top of the intake manifold and relocated it away from the engine.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's because with little airflow the vararam is doing nothing but sucking hot air from under the hood. There's a reason manufacturers took the air cleaner off the top of the intake manifold and relocated it away from the engine.

no lol my iat’s dropped I just liked hearing it more

have you seen a vararam in person? they fully seal against the hood, and pull air directly from the grille. it’s pretty well regarded as one of the better intakes for the 4th gen 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
have you seen a vararam in person? they fully seal against the hood, and pull air directly from the grille. it’s pretty well regarded as one of the better intakes for the 4th gen 5.7

Yeah, I've seen them. They remind me of the old school breathers on carbureted engines. I'm sure they work really well when you are moving, give a nice ram air effect, but if you are sitting still it's heat soak city.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I've seen them. They remind me of the old school breathers on carbureted engines. I'm sure they work really well when you are moving, give a nice ram air effect, but if you are sitting still it's heat soak city.

why would it be, and who’s measuring IATs sitting in traffic? I can’t imagine a fenderwell intake or lower air intake is substantially less susceptible to heat in the engine bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk