Snow build up on rear parking sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yycramgirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with their rear parking sensors accumulating snow and ice resulting in 1 or more sensors being snapped off?
I've had my 2022 ram 1500 bighorn for 3 months, with its first winter I've discovered that snow and ice builds up around the sensors on the inside of the bumper. The right corner sensor had the wire snap off. I took it in to get fixed and was shocked that it wasn't covered under its warranty.
It can't just be my truck, I think it's a design flaw and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with their rear parking sensors accumulating snow and ice resulting in 1 or more sensors being snapped off?
I've had my 2022 ram 1500 bighorn for 3 months, with its first winter I've discovered that snow and ice builds up around the sensors on the inside of the bumper. The right corner sensor had the wire snap off. I took it in to get fixed and was shocked that it wasn't covered under its warranty.
It can't just be my truck, I think it's a design flaw and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Calgary has a bad climate for snow and wiring,it gets wet and slushy every chinook,and the tires throw that slushy heavy crap up and onto every exposed wire behind the tires.Do you have mudflaps on it,if not they might help a bit,also doesn't hurt to get real familiar with your local coin-op carwash and wash under the truck especially the rear bumper area as often as you can

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Stop by a Krown or Rust Check & get that new Ram protected from Rusting

mudflaps may help keep some snow/ice off of your sensors

example of mudflaps, in relation to the bumper sensors
1668755799231.png

Last edited:

Ken84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in Edmonton and share the same issue with Calgary experiencing snow and ice build up hanging off the side sensor wire. The sensor broke off the trim on both side until I tie wrapped it. I made a cover from good vinyl / plastic used for signs, cut to the shape needed, use heat gund to mold the sides, painted it with same trim color to match OEM color black. Used (3) black screws to fasten the cover and is hidden from view until you look under the bumper. I have tested this early January where we received snow fall, melting snow turning to slush spray up the bumper, freezing temp over night and found no snow or ice build up below the bumper.

The first picture show the weight of ice and snow snapped the passenger sensor off the trim and was the same for the driver side. The second picture is the cover I made to cover both driver and passenger side below the bumper fastened to the black trim. Again, well hidden until you look under the bumper. Works great!

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 16
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member