Snow in apirl?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
We had 70 degree weather late last week. Yesterday morning we woke up to 5 inches of new snow. It was pretty much all gone by late afternoon though. But it looks like it's not finished yet. This is the view from my office. It's supposed to keep it up all day. I'm not happy about it...
Snow in april.jpg

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We had 70 degree weather late last week. Yesterday morning we woke up to 5 inches of new snow. It was pretty much all gone by late afternoon though. But it looks like it's not finished yet. This is the view from my office. It's supposed to keep it up all day. I'm not happy about it...

Yeah i am over winter its costing me too much money.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
makes too much sense for a trillion dollar budget.
It would be a big project as it would likely require a lot of wells to protect fish and wildlife or filtration systems with large low flow intakes etc to prevent fish being drawn in and some form of protection from pumping invasive species across the country, but it would be good insurance for the food supply to keep crops alive during droughts and save areas that are becoming uninhabitable due to dwindling water supplies while the population increases along with the need for more housing.

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would be a big project as it would likely require a lot of wells to protect fish and wildlife or filtration systems with large low flow intakes etc to prevent fish being drawn in and some form of protection from pumping invasive species across the country, but it would be good insurance for the food supply to keep crops alive during droughts and save areas that are becoming uninhabitable due to dwindling water supplies while the population increases along with the need for more housing.

it would be a good plan but our idiots care more about men acting like girls at the moment. Here in Portland we are supposed to be a GREEN state but you will face fines and jail time if you collect rain water for future use.
Its all about money and control once that goes away we could actually do something like that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Yeah, I don't dare take off my winter tires until may. Feels like I'm jinxing myself to drive through a snowstorm if I do.
I'm glad I don't have to worry about snow here where I live ... I love snow but to have to deal with what comes with snow during the winter and sometimes into spring and summer, nah I'm ok lol ...

Reactions: BWL
OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I don't dare take off my winter tires until may. Feels like I'm jinxing myself to drive through a snowstorm if I do.

If rain is in the forecast 1 guy needs to sacrifice himself and wear rain gear all day even if its some what warm. if someone doesn't everyone will be wet lmao

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The youngest son lives in Beaverton. He has to commute to Stumptown (E. Portland) sometimes and he found that the Sunset was closed for a bit due to downed trees.

No snow here in Arizona today. 86 deg F. with a slight breeze. :)

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The youngest son lives in Beaverton. He has to commute to Stumptown (E. Portland) sometimes and he found that the Sunset was closed for a bit due to downed trees.

No snow here in Arizona today. 86 deg F. with a slight breeze. :)

there were down trees everywhere. my tree at home lose a few branches as leaves started growing and extra snow weight took them down. 86 would be nice we were at 75 a few weeks ago it was nice.

RAMaway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorq
This is global warning, NO WAIT, I may have misspoken! Global warming is when it is HOT and suppose to be COLD....So this is Climate Change, when it is COLD and suppose to be HOT!!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is global warning, NO WAIT, I may have misspoken! Global warming is when it is HOT and suppose to be COLD....So this is Climate Change, when it is COLD and suppose to be HOT!!
AKA weather :p

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
27n0vm.jpg

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Since moving here from N. Iowa several years ago, still don't understand why most of the PDX area shuts down for a 3/4 inches of snow. I can see places like up by the Zoo but most places see 1/2-3/4 inch and they shut it all down claiming they cant go to work, all my wife and I do is laugh at them...

OP
OP
Dinky

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since moving here from N. Iowa several years ago, still don't understand why most of the PDX area shuts down for a 3/4 inches of snow.

Portland metro area was growing really fast for awhile with the tech industry boom. Intel is still bringing in a lot of people and they are transplants from all over the world. Also there is a large percentage of people in Portland who don't own cars and the ones that do don't drive much. When snow only happens 1 or 2 times a year it's a rare and people are not living with snow lol. Look at Texas last year when they got hit with snow and ice whole state shut down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45