Snow & Slop!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
We can't brag about mega quantities of snow here in southern WI, but we finally got some. Average for 1/15 is 23" and we finally got 5" that brought our winter total to 8+" The new Laramie was wonderful in the snow this morning as I had a 12 mile drive on unplowed roads to get to my school. 4-Auto handled everything it encountered. I kept the speed below 45 mph and never slipped once. Ram hit a "homer run" with "Big Red."

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you are happy! I used to love snow with my '01 Dakota, but since I got the RAM I haven't really had the opportunities to test out its snow-ability. Here in the Berkshires we are having more snow than you guys with another 6" forecast for tomorrow so maybe Wednesday I'll get some "practice" in.

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm fairly impressed with my 2500 in the snow and ice. I really thought the absurd weight and it's front distribution would be a real issue. It hasn't been too bad. It struggles a little more than my legacy with nokians but it goes without much drama.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I love driving in the snow with a truck, it’s solid when you need it and fun when you want to drift a corner or two haha. I hate having to drive a car around while I’m finishing my truck up to get it back on the road. We got lots of snow recently

Reactions: U&A

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
It would be a lot more "fun" to drive in the snow if it wasn't for all the idiots on the road!!!!!!
Jay

You got that right!!!!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My 2016 with the Dueller tires was terrible. My 2017 with Hemi and duratracs is a lot better. Not sure it’s the tires or the added weight of the Hemi and crew vs quad. But feels way more planted

Both have the 3:21 and no LSD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frisk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Goodyear SRA all seasons....not great at all in the snow. My own fault as I know that any all season tire is generally poor in the cold temps/snow. I would like to replace them with a good set of AT style tires but I am too cheap to just toss the SRAs away with they have so few miles on them. I have been half heartedly looking for another set of the factory black 20" rims and just getting some real snow tires. I do like the quiet ride of the SRA in the summer.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My Rebel does great in the snow with the large tires. I keep it in 4x4 when needed around town and on the highways (where its usually plowed) the 4x2 does just fine...(so far). I'd pop it into 4x4 if needed.

I do miss a true AWD vehicle at times....but I'm adapting. The 4x4 in the Rebel is strong and gets through just about anything.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I also use 4wf autoo in snow. Works great.

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've also had absolutely no issues with 4wd-auto in CO winters albeit this one is pretty dry. I've had it on mountain passes in snow with no issue.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the Goodyear SRA all seasons....not great at all in the snow. My own fault as I know that any all season tire is generally poor in the cold temps/snow. I would like to replace them with a good set of AT style tires but I am too cheap to just toss the SRAs away with they have so few miles on them. I have been half heartedly looking for another set of the factory black 20" rims and just getting some real snow tires. I do like the quiet ride of the SRA in the summer.
Look for sales. I got my good year duratracs for $1400 out the doors. Got $116 in Canadian money and sold my SRA tires for $400. So bring my cost to about $900

Sell them while they’re new and you can recoup some of the cost

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look for sales. I got my good year duratracs for $1400 out the doors. Got $116 in Canadian money and sold my SRA tires for $400. So bring my cost to about $900

Sell them while they’re new and you can recoup some of the cost

$900 is still a load of cash for those of us who admit to being "cheap", and I count myself among them! My truck was a CPO and the tires are practically new. i'm not dumping them just to improve the tires. i'll live with the shortcomings of the SRA's until replacement time and THEN find a better tire for all seasons, just not an "all season" tire!

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
My Rebel does great in the snow with the large tires. I keep it in 4x4 when needed around town and on the highways (where its usually plowed) the 4x2 does just fine...(so far). I'd pop it into 4x4 if needed.

I do miss a true AWD vehicle at times....but I'm adapting. The 4x4 in the Rebel is strong and gets through just about anything.
Agreed AWD vehicles do amazing in the snow.
My other vehicle is a Lexus is350 AWD and in the snow...........what snow

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
we got 8.25 inches here in NC where Im at. My 2500 did well except when the snow was a little soft on the roads.. the massive weight and transforce tires are not good in deep slushy snow on the roads. But the 4x4 system worked great, but mines not auto, its engaged 100%.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
$900 is still a load of cash for those of us who admit to being "cheap", and I count myself among them! My truck was a CPO and the tires are practically new. i'm not dumping them just to improve the tires. i'll live with the shortcomings of the SRA's until replacement time and THEN find a better tire for all seasons, just not an "all season" tire!

Ha ha ha. I hear ya. I just have a really bad drive to work so I justified it that way. Plus I drive around two young kids and felt much better about it with some decent tires.

Keep an eye out for crappy tire sales when you’re ready. I did pretty good [emoji106]

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
we got 8.25 inches here in NC where Im at. My 2500 did well except when the snow was a little soft on the roads.. the massive weight and transforce tires are not good in deep slushy snow on the roads. But the 4x4 system worked great, but mines not auto, its engaged 100%.

Try to lower your tire pressures down. It will help a lot. Mine is planted like a tank on KO2 35's.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had a lot of black ice on the highway earlier this week. Even with my studded snow's I was sliding around a bit here and there so the tires were money well spent for me. I like to do my long winter drives at night because the people who aren't comfortable in the snow and ice are off the roads and out of my way. Just wish the caribou and moose would stay off the roads too.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Had a lot of black ice on the highway earlier this week. Even with my studded snow's I was sliding around a bit here and there so the tires were money well spent for me. I like to do my long winter drives at night because the people who aren't comfortable in the snow and ice are off the roads and out of my way. Just wish the caribou and moose would stay off the roads too.
You in Alaska ?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You in Alaska ?

No. I work in northern Alberta. Live in BC on the west coast. I drive back and forth a couple times a month during the winter through the rockies so I see a lot of snow, ice and wildlife on the roads. I'm used to it now. Probably put close to half million miles on winter roads over the years.