So basically I have an R/T?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You apparently haven't checked the R/T build numbers.You can get 4X4 R/T's and 4 door R/T's in Mexico. Only in Canada and the States are R/T's a 2X4 truck. Fiat does sell trucks outside of the States / Canada,and other countries do get different versions of trucks then we do .
That may be true but odds are with local plates on the truck I would lay odds it was sold in the states. Plus I have seen posts stating where they bought the emblem on this forum alone. I can't really see the point of a 4dr or 4x4 R/T. R/Ts tend to be a performance vehicle like they did on the original MOPARs with the R/T badge. Reg cab short bed 4x2 is the most logical vehicle if you are trying to build a quick street truck I would think. . Horse power to weight ratio is some what important when building a hot rod and starting with a heavy truck is putting yourself in the hole from the get go .

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
You apparently haven't checked the R/T build numbers.You can get 4X4 R/T's and 4 door R/T's in Mexico. Only in Canada and the States are R/T's a 2X4 truck. Fiat does sell trucks outside of the States / Canada,and other countries do get different versions of trucks then we do .

That is good info about Mexico and all that, but at the end of the day, if it did not get built and sold as an R/T from the dealership, it is a fake ****** truck to pass off something that it is not regardless if it has everything after the fact the same installed by the owner. At selling/trading time, it is going to get valued as it was factory built.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That is good info about Mexico and all that, but at the end of the day, if it did not get built and sold as an R/T from the dealership, it is a fake ****** truck to pass off something that it is not regardless if it has everything after the fact the same installed by the owner. At selling/trading time, it is going to get valued as it was factory built.

They are factory built trucks,and are listed in Ma Mopars R/T build lists. They're a legit R/T. It used to be if you ordered a 2 wheel drive regular cab shortbox Sport it was automatically called an R/T,but they've since dropped the R/T designation on the 18's,and they're called Sports now.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That may be true but odds are with local plates on the truck I would lay odds it was sold in the states. Plus I have seen posts stating where they bought the emblem on this forum alone. I can't really see the point of a 4dr or 4x4 R/T. R/Ts tend to be a performance vehicle like they did on the original MOPARs with the R/T badge. Reg cab short bed 4x2 is the most logical vehicle if you are trying to build a quick street truck I would think. . Horse power to weight ratio is some what important when building a hot rod and starting with a heavy truck is putting yourself in the hole from the get go .

LOL if you want a drag truck,you're way better off with a Tradesmen,they're a lot lighter,and can be optioned up with the identical drivetrain,the 5.7/8 speed and 3.92's are available in a Tradesmen or Express. The last year the R/T was any different from the normal run of the mill Sports was in 2013.On the older ones with the 5 /6 speed trannies,they came with 4.10's and a slightly higher stall convertor.Once the R/T's got the 8 speed,the higher stall convertor and 4.10 gears that the earlier R/T's had were no longer available,and the trucks adopted the identical drivetrains that can be had in any other 1500 if you check the right options. The only difference after the 2013 model year are the rear springs,and 22 inch wheels.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
EXCEPT....the SRT-10 Quad Cab's!!;-)

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Never understood why they did that either. Put a V10 in the family truckster. Seemed counter productive .

Well it was the fastest factory truck available at the time. Sports/drag trucks are actually fairly popular in certain groups, and gaining even more of a fan base. Like how ford put out the supercharged lightning truck and now with their Shelby versions. Quite a lot of guys drag race their ram 1500’s and some are putting down super impressive numbers for a truck

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it was the fastest factory truck available at the time. Sports/drag trucks are actually fairly popular in certain groups, and gaining even more of a fan base. Like how ford put out the supercharged lightning truck and now with their Shelby versions. Quite a lot of guys drag race their ram 1500’s and some are putting down super impressive numbers for a truck

I Bleed Ram Trucks
I understand that . My point was why put the motor in heavy truck vs a light reg cab short bed like most R/T's seem to be in the country I live in . It may of been fast for its class but I prefer it to be fast period.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I understand that . My point was why put the motor in heavy truck vs a light reg cab short bed like most R/T's seem to be in the country I live in . It may of been fast for its class but I prefer it to be fast period.

They did put it in a regular cab and even hooked a 6 speed manual up to it 2164c0dc9fa46c77c9d7a4e40a54eb7b.jpg

I Bleed Ram Trucks

K29445

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I'm not very familiar with the R/T. But, looking up the specs and it had the 5.7 with 3.92. I have a 2015 CC with 5.7 and 3.92. So, do I basically have a crew cab R/T? What other performance specs make up an R/T?

Two less doors and a smaller cab so maybe 500 lbs less weight?