So I just sold my new Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRUXUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Just downsized to 26ft TT, & 2015 ecodiesel. = FANTASTIC. Came from 40ft 4 slide DP , with 2011 Ford Edge toad. All in excellent condition, & very much enjoyed it, but maintenance costs & fitting in many parks was an issue.
Recommendation: Go with 28ft fiver & 3/4ton

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
Sooooooo you took a 5k loss? That's a lot of repairs you could have paid for lol. As for the problems you did have I get it. Maybe you just ended up with one of those "rolled down the assembly line on a Friday afternoon" specials? Happens to the best of us......but as for selling it for the things that MAY happen in the future well shoot I might get an infection in my foot some day but you don't see me getting it amputated now. Still to each his/her own. Ford makes a good product but clearly you don't do your own maintenance or you would run away from the Ford's as fast as you can. Nothing but a nightmare to work on. Best of luck to you though in whatever you pick-up.....get it pick up? See what I did there? Ok I'm tired.....

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was towel drying my hair this morning, you know the old back and forth rub and rub, and I put a kink in my back up above my right shoulder blade. I don’t know if I should get rid of my towels, change shampoo, use a hair dryer next time or not rub so hard. Either way I’m gonna do something new tomorrow!

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Sooooooo you took a 5k loss? That's a lot of repairs you could have paid for lol. As for the problems you did have I get it. Maybe you just ended up with one of those "rolled down the assembly line on a Friday afternoon" specials? Happens to the best of us......but as for selling it for the things that MAY happen in the future well shoot I might get an infection in my foot some day but you don't see me getting it amputated now. Still to each his/her own. Ford makes a good product but clearly you don't do your own maintenance or you would run away from the Ford's as fast as you can. Nothing but a nightmare to work on. Best of luck to you though in whatever you pick-up.....get it pick up? See what I did there? Ok I'm tired.....

I build cars for a living, restoration/fabrication. Nuts and bolts turn the same on all of 'em.

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
no need to explain yourself. if the decision makes sense to you,thats what matters. your oil comment was lame as hell though. any dealer in the country has the oil you need and dealers arent usually that far away. if your a penny pincher and adament about saving 5 or 6 more bucks theres numerous online stores that will have it sitting on your door in 4days. but i wonder if you would even be changing the oil yourself anyways, which would make your oil concearn all the more lame :anitoof:. anyways im out. best of luck

Hmm you wonder if I change it myself.... Because I complained I couldn't find the oil at any local parts house....to change it myself....

OP
OP
R

RBinNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
UGH, the cam gets oil from 3 sources.
The oil galley - oil is there at ALL times, more when in MDS.
The pushrods - oil is there at ALL times.
Splash/windage - more at higher rpms, but most likely a light mist at most all rpms.

Oh. Well I guess you can insert your excuse as to why the cam and lifters fail.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMO probably a part supplier issue compounded with long oil change intervals - which are rec. to make JD Power cost of ownership rankings happy.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Also, again, 4 out of 5 friends of mine that own Chrysler products had lifter failure early in the engine life. This is not just hemi's.

as it turns out, aparently uncle tony is a effing idiot.

ddown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My last 2 trucks were FERDS 2017 F250 Buy Back Electrical gremlins couldn't fix after 13 months. Came out great. Second one 2018 SD 350 Diesel Rattled like a 40 YO truck when icy in the Winter Regens every 4 days even after 3 hour HWY trips you could see the fuel gauge drop. Even had a COP stop me thought my truck was on fire smelt that bad. Sold it with 7K miles dealer not even willing to look at it. My 2019 3500 RAM 8' bed has been flawless not a rattle, squeak, or anything Radio better than Ford Synch system. Averaging 14.6 over 6K miles. Good Luck with FERD!! I tow 13K fifth wheel. Only ****** it need at least 40 gallon Gas Tank.