So long Blue Thunder but welcome home Black Beauty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Well I went in for service (oil change and battery replacement) and that planted the bug. A couple weeks later I’m driving away in a new Limited. Traded luxury for 4 wheel drive but if I count all the times I actually turned on 4 wheel drive (whether I needed it or not...hint: I didn’t) I paid about $1100 per.IMG_1688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Now I need a cover for my golf clubs. Open to suggestions. I have purchased two Undercover Flex’s. The first one for my F150 was rock solid and looked brand new after 3 years. The second one for the Ram was not as flush, seemed cheaper and was missing some things the first had (like a handle latch for the last fold) and had become more silver than black after just a year. Looking for something very similar in style (low profile, lightweight, easily removed by one person, hard cover and secure) but not sure I would buy another Undercover.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking ride! Wish I was willing to afford one just like it. I’m a big fan of the Undercover Elite myself and had one on my previous Ram. I have the Undercover Classic on my current truck and it works easily as well but has the two locks instead of one which can be a PITA to open and lock/unlock vs. the one in the Elite. If money was no object I would go with the power folding Retrax.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the 2019. That was one expensive oil change lol

Options are a little limited at the moment for 2019 bed covers. Message me if you would like a quote on anything. We usually can offer great pricing on bed covers

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Now I need a cover for my golf clubs. Open to suggestions. I have purchased two Undercover Flex’s. The first one for my F150 was rock solid and looked brand new after 3 years. The second one for the Ram was not as flush, seemed cheaper and was missing some things the first had (like a handle latch for the last fold) and had become more silver than black after just a year. Looking for something very similar in style (low profile, lightweight, easily removed by one person, hard cover and secure) but not sure I would buy another Undercover.

I'm going with Bakflip, again. I've had one on my 2014 Ram 2500 and currently on my 2016 F150 King Ranch It's the G2 model. MX4 allows the tailgate to be closed without lifting the the rear section of the tonneau but is matte black. The G2 is glossy.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. That one actually looks like a really nice oem one. Plus I found it for $735 so I’ll see if my local dealership will price match it.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't say about the hard cover, but the Mopar soft vinyl cover is 6 years old on my truck and still looks great. Hasn't become chalky. Truck is outside all the time. It is slightly raised maybe 5/8" and secures via velcro to rails at the top of the box side. There are also steel bars that traverse the box. I like that it rolls up nicely out of the way when needed.

Similar to this:
http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l800/pict/401268668094_1.jpg

Last edited:

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I went in for service (oil change and battery replacement) and that planted the bug. A couple weeks later I’m driving away in a new Limited. Traded luxury for 4 wheel drive but if I count all the times I actually turned on 4 wheel drive (whether I needed it or not...hint: I didn’t) I paid about $1100 per.View attachment 131743

1100 per month? or is that an acronym

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I think he means "$1100 per time putting the truck in 4wd"

Yep. Per use. As my buddy said, “4 wheel drive is nice sometimes, luxury is nice all the time.” [emoji3]

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get it now. I was gonna say...1100 per month omg!

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
^^^. That one actually looks like a really nice oem one. Plus I found it for $735 so I’ll see if my local dealership will price match it.

Do you mind sharing? I had to go back to the dealer today because I forgot to clean out my floor bins (oops) so I stopped by the parts department and they said that they don’t have them at all yet and not available to order.

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can not blame you there, before I can do this I want/ need my bed sprayed. As soon as I seem to find a shop to do it, I then talk to those in the know and all I hear is bad experiences. :(

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I'm going with Bakflip, again. I've had one on my 2014 Ram 2500 and currently on my 2016 F150 King Ranch It's the G2 model. MX4 allows the tailgate to be closed without lifting the the rear section of the tonneau but is matte black. The G2 is glossy.

Is one more flush than the other. Any other differences besides the finish and closing the tailgate first on the G2? I think I would prefer to have them independent. I was used to closing the tailgate first but other people were not and sometime it would smash the rubber flap.

Someone else posted about the LoMax which looks really low profile and the price is right. Any real world reviews out there?

https://shop.agricover.com

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Can't know budget, but I sense the Truckcoversusa.com may be a option. Thinking about convenience, golf club access, water proof and clean flat look. This top is a roll up. Made in the USA. But, not cheap. They run $1500-$1700 installed. I think I could have installed myself. Well made. Had tops on all of our 6 Ram trucks. Do not regret spending the money for this one. I would send you a pic, but wife has it up in the Sierra's this morning. Also, they offer this bed cover in manual open/close or electric. The company I do business with, did not recommend the electric.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
IMG_20160520_150011956_HDR.jpg
Is one more flush than the other. Any other differences besides the finish and closing the tailgate first on the G2? I think I would prefer to have them independent. I was used to closing the tailgate first but other people were not and sometime it would smash the rubber flap.

Someone else posted about the LoMax which looks really low profile and the price is right. Any real world reviews out there?

https://shop.agricover.com

I'm not aware of any other differences. The Bakflip website might have a comparison. As far as low profile here are a couple of pics I found with it on my F150.

IMG_20160516_102004086.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963