So long Blue Thunder but welcome home Black Beauty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
View attachment 131867

I'm not aware of any other differences. The Bakflip website might have a comparison. As far as low profile here are a couple of pics I found with it on my F150.

View attachment 131866

Looks good and sweet ride. I actually miss my F150. Was talking with a buddy last night and told him (die hard Ford guy) that the Rams finally have some features that I missed on my ‘12 F150. Flat back floor, Power Fold Mirrors, Grocery hooks when you fold up the seats. Now if they could just copy the tailgate step. I jokingly said the reason that Rams are cheaper than Fords is because Ram let’s Ford do all the R&D and just copies them a couple years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I ,unfortunately, get bored with vehicles quickly. I missed the unconnected I had on my 2014 Ram. I won't miss the puny sound of the Ecoboost even though it towed my car trailer just fine. I counting on the e-torque hemi to tow even better.

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Posted the same thing in another thread but because I asked here as well about tonneau covers I’ll post it again. Before I do, I looked at a few of the roll away covers but didn’t want to give up the space on the sides and towards the cab that it looked like it took for the mounts and the cage.

I watched a couple YouTube videos in the LoMax and didn’t really care for the look. It seemed flimsy and the reviewer showed that the seams were starting to come apart. I called BakFlip and spoke to someone who was pretty knowledgeable about the products and actually guided me to the MX4 based on the fact that I live in Arizona and didn’t try to up sell to the F1. She said the price was $929 w/ free shipping and no sales tax for AZ. I asked what the best price was and she came to 880 for delivery within 3-5 days or 860 for 1-2 weeks. I opted for the 3-5 Days because I am impatient. I didn’t do a lot of searching to see if that was the best price but at least the no sales tax saved some coin so I am guessing it’s pretty close. Fingers crossed that I like it. She said that the biggest difference between models is that the MX4 and the F1 can be closed independent of the gate, which I wanted. The G2 and the Off-Road have to close after the tailgate

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Back on topic, in the two days that I have owned it I can’t believe how many people have commented about the metallic black paint. It has spurred multiple conversations about strippers and glitter. My wife has nicknamed the truck “Sparkles”.

Feeling a little regret. [emoji30]

cc28117ee56331743493d48eb9b26e09.jpg

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back on topic, in the two days that I have owned it I can’t believe how many people have commented about the metallic black paint. It has spurred multiple conversations about strippers and glitter. My wife has nicknamed the truck “Sparkles”.

They are just jealous. It's a beautiful truck! Enjoy it!

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Well, here we go! Less than 6 months after I moved into the 19 Limited 2WD she has moved on. The honeymoon was short lived. Less than a month after I got it the 12 inch screen went completely black and went to the shop and there she sat for 41 days while I drove rentals. After finally getting it back the next couple months were filled with calls to FCA, Sirius XM, Sirius XM Gaurdian (because they’re different), dealership, and AT&T to try and get serial numbers and VIN numbers lined up and straightened out. Last trip to the dealer was last week and I had had enough. So the search began.

Here’s what I learned from the Limited. I don’t need 4WD but I really want it. It’s like a gun or beer to me, I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. I don’t want a 12 inch screen in my truck because a simple thing like turning on the seat ventilation become a series of menus and screen clicks and caused most of my headaches. And although the Air Ride was nice, I prefer the look of a little more aggressive truck as opposed to a limo with a truck bed and my options for getting that look were limited with the air suspension.

I now introduce Sparkles 2.0.

a9e5418909ef4eb012bd0070486da502.jpg

Very happy with the deal I got. Bought almost the same truck except a Laramie 4WD instead of the Limited 2WD. For about a $1k more than the price I was willing to pay when I drove on the lot for they threw in the window tint, bed liner, trailer brake controller, the power side steps, 2 inch Mopar Lift and 35x12.5 Toyo MT's. And they gave me full asking price for my trade. Lost the 12 inch screen and Air Suspension (which I couldn't lift) but gained 4WD, Panoramic Sunroof, and the Upgraded 19 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system. And before TTL I was just under 10k off sticker.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I did about the same in my Laramie and went 8 inch screen for reasons you stated. No sunroof for me though but did do air suspension. I think you will like this new one better.

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
The Air Suspension is really nice and if you’ve no plans on lifting it (Although a 5 inch lift was just released by Rough Country) I would get it again in a heartbeat. But I want a little full time stance on it so gonna start with the 2 inch to keep everything copasetic with the warranty and maybe after I get some miles on it and get the first few Arizona pinstripes I’ll go a little bigger.

From the little bit I have driven the new one it feels a little more cushy (if that’s a word) than the Air Suspension but still a great ride.

Now I can’t wait to drop it back off at the dealer to get the goodies added on.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

cc28117ee56331743493d48eb9b26e09.jpg

I had that black on my Durango and it’s a great color. Nice choice. More forgiving than straight black (swirl marks) too.

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Nice choice, Black is nice if you can keep it clean!

That’s one lesson I didn’t learn. I remember saying at one point I’d never get a black truck again. They are just so pretty though.

foolsh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Blackout edition,Hemi 5.7 etorque
I said the same thing, never gonna get another black car, Well I didn't, I got a sweet truck! :happy107:
Just wish I can get it clean long enough for pictures!

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Just got Sparkles 2.0 back from the dealer. Was a little disappointed because they tried to use AMP power steps for a 4th Gen and they didn’t fit and the bed step they said they had in stock was also for a 4th Gen even though they thought it was for the 2019. So I am still waiting to get my Trailer Brake (Back order till January), Power Running Boards (Requested that they use the OEM ones, Back Order till Feb 19th), and OEM Bed Step (Engineering Review until Jan 31st).

Installed
3.5 Inch Ready Lift
35x12.5R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (1/4 Spacer to Clear UCA)
Inyati Spray In Bedliner
Added OEM LED Bed Lights
Re-Installed BakFlip MX4 from Last Truck
Pedal Commander PC-07
LED Cargo Lights and Third Brake Light

On Order
20x9 +1 Fuel Vapors (Hopefully Friday)
Flowmaster FlowFX Direct Fit (Expected Thursday)
Black 3” Tube Side Steps (Until Power Boards come in, expected Friday)

Dealer We Owe
Trailer Brake Controller (Jan?)
OEM Power Running Boards (Feb 19th)
OEM Bed Step (Jan/Feb)

b301745366e87131121fcb68fb1e00be.jpgefb044bf23dc728f19b93c763bef6db1.jpg548bcc1b5c75f1eb9a3dc443e48f9700.jpg

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Installed my Flowmaster Flow FX Direct Fit. Literally just finished tightening everything up when the wife got home. It’s a little louder than I expected and I would have normally been as happy as a clam if it weren’t for this forum. Now I hear the drone when MDS kicks in and the whisper from the resonators. Already want to do a delete and it’s only been on 30 minutes. Probably going to have to wait on that though. New shoes drop tomorrow.

Edit: I think the iPhone cut out because the sound was too loud [emoji1787]

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wish that we had a Discount Tire where I live. The best that I can do is have Tire Rack ship them to the installer, yet even then I’m leery as they never seem to get it right.