So much for my shiny new Ram...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D's Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, that's big time damage.
Must be a lot of suspension parts, I "assume", by looking at the photos.

That's what I was thinking too, there must be a lot of items that we could not see that got damaged as well. I hope when you get it back it is as good as new without any issues.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's what I was thinking too, there must be a lot of items that we could not see that got damaged as well. I hope when you get it back it is as good as new without any issues.
Me too! I am supposed to get it back tomorrow (Friday), but they haven't confirmed it yet. Regardless, I will not be keeping this truck. Will probably wait for the '22's and order another one just like this one.

As for the damage, the guy hit me right on the front wheel. Bent the spindle and pretty much destroyed all things attached to it.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Me too! I am supposed to get it back tomorrow (Friday), but they haven't confirmed it yet. Regardless, I will not be keeping this truck. Will probably wait for the '22's and order another one just like this one.

As for the damage, the guy hit me right on the front wheel. Bent the spindle and pretty much destroyed all things attached to it.
smart move. diminished value, car fax, it will never end. I'm sure you can get good money in todays market. It may be hard to find another one so I'd hang on till you can get another one. Shocking how my local dealers lot is sparse. I've never seen this before.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, brought it back home today. Looks and drives like new, but still planning to move to a '22 once they become available. Had the repairs done at the Dodge body shop - the sales manager offered me $63k for it - I paid $68 for it last September. MSRP was right at $74k. I think I'll keep it until the next M.Y. comes out. But they did a great job on the repairs! Total cost to fix: $17330.

upload_2021-5-8_16-12-1.png

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn[emoji102][emoji102], 17 grand just for that? Glad you got it all fixed, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Seems about right. One quarter of $74K truck was damaged pretty badly.

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Wow! That is good information to have. They (SF) are telling me that if I go ahead and file the claim, that it will go against me even though I am not at fault. Damn, they make this stuff hard to navigate. But thank you very much for that insight!!
State Farm use to be "customer first"... a few decades back. But they walked away from that long ago. We dropped them before they could drop us years ago when a guy backed in to my wife driving our Chevy Tahoe (had trailer ball in the receiver so it did nothing to our vehicle). They guy had the audacity to tell his insurance company that my wife backed into him (a police officer did a report that clearly showed dude was at fault). But State Farm had to "investigate"... of course, they found that my wife wasn't at fault- but they still counted it as a "claim"!

Then - a year later, a large deer ran smack into the front passenger-side fender of her car... doing a little over $2k in damage. WE go ta letter right after they paid that that they intended to non-renew us for 2 claims in a year! So we just preempted that by changing companies. (We both had clean driving records, FYI).

I hate State Farm.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
He was in the HOV lane, and to the best of my knowledge wasn't doing anything wrong. it was the lady behind me trying to escape the slow moving traffic by jumping into the HOV lane and pulled in front of him and he had no where to go... so, boom!
Used to ride Rt 80 East every morning. Something not right about sitting in traffic going 4 mph with HOV lane next to me flying by at 60 or 70 mph.
They did away with HOV lanes in NJ after numerous accidents just exactly like yours happened. There are some people that just can't resist the temptation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FAAQ2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Diesel
I will keep everyone posted, but my insurance company said it could take 10-15 days to find out who was to blame, and what their insurance company will do for me.
I changed to Liberty Mutual which has a coverage that if you vehicle is damaged during a accident they will buy you a vehicle One year newer with 15,000 miles or less. My 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid was hit by a dumba** woman who drove into a parking lot at 50 MPH and totaled our vehicle,. Of course she was homeless and living in her car and of course had no insurance so my insurance paid us off for our vehicle. The bad part I was sitting in my parked vehicle at the time - talking to my wife on a cell phone when suddenly the side airbags go off and I'm shoved sideways 20ft. I go to Grand Hury tomorrow regarding this collision She will be charged with a felony. The point is Liberty mutual has great coverage and they beat everyone with their rates..

FAAQ2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Diesel
State Farm use to be "customer first"... a few decades back. But they walked away from that long ago. We dropped them before they could drop us years ago when a guy backed in to my wife driving our Chevy Tahoe (had trailer ball in the receiver so it did nothing to our vehicle). They guy had the audacity to tell his insurance company that my wife backed into him (a police officer did a report that clearly showed dude was at fault). But State Farm had to "investigate"... of course, they found that my wife wasn't at fault- but they still counted it as a "claim"!

Then - a year later, a large deer ran smack into the front passenger-side fender of her car... doing a little over $2k in damage. WE go ta letter right after they paid that that they intended to non-renew us for 2 claims in a year! So we just preempted that by changing companies. (We both had clean driving records, FYI).

I hate State Farm.
State farm sucks - Check Liberty Mutual - they have great rates and great service.

FAAQ2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Diesel
I will keep everyone posted, but my insurance company said it could take 10-15 days to find out who was to blame, and what their insurance company will do for me.
It shouldn't;t be that tough to figure out the other vehicle hit you they are at fault. The other's drivers insurance should pay off.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It shouldn't;t be that tough to figure out the other vehicle hit you they are at fault. The other's drivers insurance should pay off.
So, update... yes, the other driver was at fault and it was a company vehicle. They are paying up with no pushback. My truck is fixed and the damage paid for. Now just armwrestling over diminished value.

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Glad everyone is okay and your truck is fixed. It could be worse ;)

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, update... yes, the other driver was at fault and it was a company vehicle. They are paying up with no pushback. My truck is fixed and the damage paid for. Now just armwrestling over diminished value.
I had a Cobalt years ago, It was a sitting accident. 3 major accidents in its 3 years of life. Finally got totaled out on Loop 12. It had 35k miles on it, and I walked away with almost much as I paid for it. I don't think it will hurt it a bunch.