So much for my shiny new Ram...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heading home from a meeting today going North out of Dallas on I-75 in slow moving traffic, when an SUV bounces off the cement center barrier at a high rate of speed and is tossed into my truck. 5-car smash-up and everyone walked away. I am very surprised too, because after he hit me it sent him into a 360 degree rollover with 3-people inside. Anyway, no serious injuries, so have I have that to be thankful for. A few more feet back and he would have smashed right into the drivers door - probably a different outcome!

upload_2021-4-7_15-57-23.png

upload_2021-4-7_15-57-57.png

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang what a bummer! Glad everyone walked away. I always hated fighting with insurance for diminished value and fixing my vehicles. Thankfully, has only happened to me a couple times. Keep us in the loop on fixing the truck!

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
y'all Dallas folk just dont know how to drive....... lol.

In all seriousness. glad you are ok. but me personally.. i am always more worried about my truck than myself. :)
Yea, as soon as I felt that hit, I was like, NOOOOOOOO.... not even thinking about the fact that I could have been hurt really bad, or... worse.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang what a bummer! Glad everyone walked away. I always hated fighting with insurance for diminished value and fixing my vehicles. Thankfully, has only happened to me a couple times. Keep us in the loop on fixing the truck!
I will keep everyone posted, but my insurance company said it could take 10-15 days to find out who was to blame, and what their insurance company will do for me.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I see plenty of crazies on 75..LBJ to 121 plenty of folks think it is a race. glad you made it out ok

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Damn, i would be mad enough to help that SUV driver out of their vehicle.

I'm glad that you didn't have any physical injuries.

Looks like the Ram is going to need to replace a Rim, tire, grill, bumper & fender & some unseen parts behind them & of course a door repair or replacement

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Things can happen so fast. Great reason to do interstate in a truck. The big deal is all are well.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Heading home from a meeting today going North out of Dallas on I-75 in slow moving traffic, when an SUV bounces off the cement center barrier at a high rate of speed and is tossed into my truck. 5-car smash-up and everyone walked away. I am very surprised too, because after he hit me it sent him into a 360 degree rollover with 3-people inside. Anyway, no serious injuries, so have I have that to be thankful for. A few more feet back and he would have smashed right into the drivers door - probably a different outcome!

View attachment 243685

View attachment 243686

Ouch! Maybe the SUV driver was doing faceys or texting to a spouse he would see in less than 10 minutes.

Rmcnic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM 2500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6 4
Anytime you can walk away uninjured is a win!
I've installed a front and rear dashcam in my 2500 to deal with the question of blame. I would never trust insurance providers to not try and weasel out of settling a claim by spreading blame. The cam system also records motion when parked and left unattended. Worth every penny!

rick1201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Glad to hear you are ok but that sucks. I feel for you.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am sorry man. I hate going up 75. It often times takes me up that way to get to Rockwall. I have nearly been hit so many times on 635. I am glad you and no one else was hurt.