So,.......who's running aftermarket brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let's see and hear what you have and what you think about the current set up you use. Rotors, brake pads, calipers. Whatever it is, let's hear about it.
I always go back to OEM when doing brakes.
There is a kit that I have seen that looks/seems pretty good. For both the front and rear kit it's over 9 hundred bucks for 2 front/rear rotors and 2 sets of front/rear pads. Not sure if I would do that or go back to OEM.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Let's see and hear what you have and what you think about the current set up you use. Rotors, brake pads, calipers. Whatever it is, let's hear about it.
I always go back to OEM when doing brakes.
There is a kit that I have seen that looks/seems pretty good. For both the front and rear kit it's over 9 hundred bucks for 2 front/rear rotors and 2 sets of front/rear pads. Not sure if I would do that or go back to OEM.
Seems kinda high priced. I have R1 Concepts rotors and Hawk pads on my Jeep SRT8 and like them. Been on since 08 and is still doing the job stopping me trapping at 141mph at the end of the 1/4...:). When i need brakes for this truck, ill look towards R1. Just my .02

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
On my 03 1500 5.7 I went to Raebestos sever duty high carbon steel police rotors with matching pads. There slotted "never turn" rotors. Best brakes I have ever had. Now have 50k miles on them. But expensive. On the 07 I tried the NAPA Gold Box which I found was Raebestos. Same results. In today's market, there is too many over the counter rotors out of China that warp in 90 days. The choice of pads in the last couple years can also be a challenge. Pads need to be of a material that is compatible with the rotors. Some of the pads today are to hard for the softer rotors. Other are to soft for the high carbon steel rotors.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems kinda high priced. I have R1 Concepts rotors and Hawk pads on my Jeep SRT8 and like them. Been on since 08 and is still doing the job stopping me trapping at 141mph at the end of the 1/4...:). When i need brakes for this truck, ill look towards R1. Just my .02

On my 03 1500 5.7 I went to Raebestos sever duty high carbon steel police rotors with matching pads. There slotted "never turn" rotors. Best brakes I have ever had. Now have 50k miles on them. But expensive. On the 07 I tried the NAPA Gold Box which I found was Raebestos. Same results. In today's market, there is too many over the counter rotors out of China that warp in 90 days. The choice of pads in the last couple years can also be a challenge. Pads need to be of a material that is compatible with the rotors. Some of the pads today are to hard for the softer rotors. Other are to soft for the high carbon steel rotors.
Thanks for the reply guys!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We recommend the R1 Concepts drilled and slotted Geomet Rotors with the Posi-quiet pads all around. Its a big upgrade over stock and for a very good value. They perform very well and are long lasting. We have a bunch of RAMs on here running them and they are very popular among our Raptor customers. It has become the go to for them on another forum.

We also offer most other brands. We offer Big Brake Kits as well

Anyone interested just PM me

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
PowerStop z36 pads and rotors all around, stock calipers. Love 'em, some of the best brakes I've had in over 30 years of driving.

-K

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
We recommend the R1 Concepts drilled and slotted Geomet Rotors with the Posi-quiet pads all around. Its a big upgrade over stock and for a very good value. They perform very well and are long lasting. We have a bunch of RAMs on here running them and they are very popular among our Raptor customers. It has become the go to for them on another forum.

Sure send me a quote on these. I’m just interested in the front

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was on your site last night and the night before Nick. Just browsing for now. My OEM brakes started squeaking at 13K miles. A little pissed off about that.
I'll give you my business if you hook me up with a good deal for fronts/rears, pads and rotors. This will be my second purchase from you. I REALLY want to go big brake kit with calipers but I want front and rear. We'll see.
(I really want to order a 2019 Trackhawk next year to replace the truck, but if I decide to keep the truck, I'll need the brakes.) I'll be in touch bro. Thanks!

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
I was on your site last night and the night before Nick. Just browsing for now. My OEM brakes started squeaking at 13K miles. A little pissed off about that.
I'll give you my business if you hook me up with a good deal for fronts/rears, pads and rotors. This will be my second purchase from you. I REALLY want to go big brake kit with calipers but I want front and rear. We'll see.
(I really want to order a 2019 Trackhawk next year to replace the truck, but if I decide to keep the truck, I'll need the brakes.) I'll be in touch bro. Thanks!
Forget the brakes and get that Trackhawk!

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are definitely nice! Easy to mod to make more power too! Haha
LOL
Definitely. Just like the Hellcat Challenger or Charger. I'll probably leave it as is and maybe just do the LMI, Leg Maker cai and the GTHAUS cat back exhaust which sounds insane. As is the price. It's stupid expensive, but it sounds so good and is 100% stainless steel and titanium tips are an option. For an extra cost of course. lol
If I mod anything, it'll be the '13 Roush Stage 3. (If I have any money left. Highly unlikely. LOL)

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sure send me a quote on these. I’m just interested in the front

Send me a message with vehicle info and if you want pads and rotors please.

We dont have everything listed on the site. If there is anything specific you want just message me. we carry way more than what is on the site. Message me when your ready. Check out the Big brake kit options here https://www.r1concepts.com/bbk . We can get you set up with these and all the option color options! If you want just some better rotors and pads we can definitely get you rolling or should I say stopped(womp womp, sorry lame joke) with some slotted and drilled rotors and quality pads

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We dont have everything listed on the site. If there is anything specific you want just message me. we carry way more than what is on the site. Message me when your ready. Check out the Big brake kit options here https://www.r1concepts.com/bbk . We can get you set up with these and all the option color options! If you want just some better rotors and pads we can definitely get you rolling or should I say stopped(womp womp, sorry lame joke) with some slotted and drilled rotors and quality pads
Sounds awesome Nick.
I will let you know when ready and we can discuss what the options are. Thanks bro!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds awesome Nick.
I will let you know when ready and we can discuss what the options are. Thanks bro!

sounds good! We can offer discounts on any package and we can also help set you up with the right package for you