Soft Continuous beeping both batteries unhooked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JoeNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a tracking device. You can read my post here.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
FCA’s factory installed, self-destruct device?:Big Laugh::gr_grin:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I wouldn't be so sure it's not. Some do beep. Usually when the lose ignition power or the built in battery voltage is low. Heres one model's excerpt from the user's manual.
I would be pulling the console if that's where it's coming from and post a pic of what you find.
Screenshot_20211024-224019_Chrome.jpg

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I wouldn't be so sure it's not. Some do beep. Usually when the lose ignition power or the built in battery voltage is low. Heres one model's excerpt from the user's manual.
I would be pulling the console if that's where it's coming from and post a pic of what you find.

On edit: The module under the center console/seat is the SRS Module. I've never heard of one beeping. By the way, is this your POV or a fleet/company truck?
Let us know what you find.

Last edited:

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not only will dealers put them in your car, but depending on the dealership, it's possible you paid for it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It may be what is called an immobilizer or security bypass cable
i don't know if they have something like fancy "D" cell battery to power them

I would suggest that if you have a scan tool that several people use to program modifications like daytime driving lights etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoeNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a tracking device. We are a private investigative agency and check all vehicles on a regular basis with bug detection equipment. We bought the truck brand new in cash from a dodge dealership.

OP
OP
J

JoeNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The beeping stopped after 4 days and never returned. The dealership claimed the death wobble jarred something due to the rapid bouncing. They messed with all the connections and it stopped.

OP
OP
J

JoeNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

On edit: The module under the center console/seat is the SRS Module. I've never heard of one beeping. By the way, is this your POV or a fleet/company truck?
Let us know what you find.
This one your showing is not a covert tracker. It is for fleet vehicles. It’s is not meant for covert tracking. I am an expert in this area.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
This one your showing is not a covert tracker. It is for fleet vehicles. It’s is not meant for covert tracking. I am an expert in this area.

I never suspected or called it a covert tracker. You did. If it was "covert" it wouldn't make an audible tone. And you have no idea of my expertise. Just trying to help.
Enjoy the beep.

On edit: I see the dealer obviously removed the inventory tracker so you won't hear the beep. You saved them $109.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
For anyone that co.es across this heres a video of a guy that found the device and the removal of it. They vary in installation. The one in the video they butchered the harness. The one I found was plug & play through the OBDII port.