Soft front springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
Howdy everyone!

I got a problem i'm trying to track down the problem on. So when on the highway, or at speed on the streets, and I hit a bump or some uneven part of the road, the front of the truck bounces like an old Cadillac with blown out shocks and worn out springs. Like it's bad and you can legit see it floating. It lasts for a few seconds to up to like 10-15 seconds. Let me tell ya, it's not a fun feeling. Now this seems to have started when I swapped from my BellTech sport shocks to QA1 double adjustable. Now I know what you're thinking. "Why don't you just adjust the shocks to be stiffer?". I did. I even set them to the highest possible setting I could. Seemed like after the first couple drives in the truck, I kid you not, the clickers would be back at zero. I'm already in talks with QA1 support to address that. The odd thing is the rep i'm talking to about replacing mine with new ones since they're still covered under warranty, told me that my springs were shot. At first, I considered this to be a honest and plausible reason for my front end float. But the more I thought about it, the more I think it's the shocks based on the clickers seemingly resetting and how unbelievably soft the front got after swapping.

So with all that said, has anyone else had this issue? Or maybe run a stiffer shock? Maybe have some suggestions on what I could check, adjust or replace to maybe help out? I struggle with suspension and can use all the help I can get. Thanks in advance!

(I hope to have that walk through done this next week :) )

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If the shocks are resetting to 0 that is a claer indicator that they are not working as designed. Was it this bad before you installed them?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Op,

The springs are disco. So you will need to source a replacement part number for new springs from Ma Mopar if you go that route.

Sounds like your shocks are the problem though from your description.

I'm running bilstein. They are modified 5125s. Or you could go direct replacement with the 4600s series. I've had bilstein on all 4 of my 1500s, never a concern with their performance.

My opinion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45