soft roll up tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Savage_sultin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey folks
looking to see what people are using for a soft roll tonneau cover, ive been looking at both Access original and the Truxedo TruXport. both look to be very similar but thought seeing I just joined I would pick your brains and see what you've been using also like or dislike about one or the other.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I own it and had one on my old GMC, the Mopar is the TruXport with a few minor enhancements, one nice one is they have plastic clips up by the windows so you don't have to search for the Velcro strap. very nice minor addition. I think the rollup is the best of both worlds.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Truxedo on my RAM. It’s been in for almost 2 years now and I’ve had zero issues with it and it still looks great.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Savage_sultin

Savage_sultin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have https://tonneaucoversworld.com/p/american-ez-roll-tonneau-cover/v/ram/truck-1500/2019/ and it mounts inside the rails so you can add bull rings in the stake pockets. It also has a lower profile. It does let water in around the tailgate when I go through a automatic touchless wash. Not much but noticeable. All in all I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that is the only thing I see that TruXport doesn't allow is the use of the stake pockets, the access one I can put my truck rack in for my paddle board. ill look at this one as well thanks

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was going to go with the Access for mine, however ended up with the Truxedo, and very happy with it. It does not cover the the stake pockets which I would never use anyway. I went with the Truxedo due to the truck center I purchased it from said it had a better warranty, and they never had any issues with that brand.

daberk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I installed the Gator SR1 last night. Very easy to install, fits well and looks good. Next rain we'll see how good of a job I did.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking at several brands at Custom Truck and "listened" to the people that sold them. They have been very happy with Truxedo brand and said their customer support is outstanding. I have a Truxedo on my 2013, and happy with it.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For a soft tonneau, I think that the Truxedo is the best, but IMHO, all soft covers are prone to a small amount of leaking. THat said, the Truxedo is a high quality cover and will last a long time if yo can handle a little but of dampness in the bed.

charcoal1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Truxedo LoPro on my truck. Going on 3 years looks great no issues. the LoPro leaves the steak pockets open should you need them and imo looks a little cleaner the way the rails and cover meet the bed. I'll get a little water at the tailgate or in from the front corners but nothing has ever got "wet" while in the back.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the Truxedo LoPro on my truck. Going on 3 years looks great no issues. the LoPro leaves the steak pockets open should you need them and imo looks a little cleaner the way the rails and cover meet the bed. I'll get a little water at the tailgate or in from the front corners but nothing has ever got "wet" while in the back.

That's exactly what I was referring to.

RickH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've had my Access Cover for over 6 years and still love it. AutoAnything is having a big sale on all the covers they carry right now, so if anyone is on the fence based on price, now is the time!

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
For a soft tonneau, I think that the Truxedo is the best, but IMHO, all soft covers are prone to a small amount of leaking. THat said, the Truxedo is a high quality cover and will last a long time if yo can handle a little but of dampness in the bed.
Yeah, I picked up the Pro X15 and while I’m happy with it, there is a little water that comes in around the tailgate. The gasket only covers the inside edge of the tailgate by like 1/4” or less, so there’s not a ton of coverage there. Maybe try to find a longer piece of gasket rubber in the Spring when it warms up again.

I've had my Access Cover for over 6 years and still love it. AutoAnything is having a big sale on all the covers they carry right now, so if anyone is on the fence based on price, now is the time!
I had an Access Vanish on my last truck (Nissan Titan) and I liked it well enough, but it seems like it let in more moisture than my X15 thus far (it feels like, anyways), but I probably would have rebought it if they had a Vanish model that showed as fitting my 2019 (they might have one now).

I DID have to call Access for a replacement top (which I was paying for) and man, did the customer service rep have a stick up her ass. I wasn’t looking for a freebie, I’d had it for several years by then, but she was copping some pretty strong ‘tude. Whatever, it showed up and fit, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Deacon22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bought the Truxedo Lo Pro today and had the place I bought it from install it.

Went through a car wash today and there was water near the tailgate and the front corners. Also noticed the cover moves slightly while driving. Not sure if that is normal.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I installed the mopar soft roll up its the exact same one as the tuxedo truxport in Canada it was on sale in stock at a local dealer for $375.00 Canadian the tuxedo was $410.75 plus taxes.

20190525_171642.jpg

20190525_171635.jpg

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My TruXedo soft cover is on it’s third truck. I have been happy with it.