Soften side to side rocking @ low speeds (sub 15 mph)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On a 2020 Ram 2500 hemi with the stock suspension and 69k miles.

What’s the best way to soften the side to side rocking at the front axle at low speeds (sub 15 mph) think diagonally over a speed bump?

The options I have though of are and I think are in order of which to try first:
1. Disconnect front sway bar (tried this 1st, but has too much sway with a load of hay)
2. Thuren sway bar
3. Different shocks - would new shock mitigate the sway caused by #1?
4. Different springs

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Shocks and Thuren sway bar will fix it. Thuren has information about this on their site.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Shocks and Thuren sway bar will fix it. Thuren has information about this on their site.
Spot on. I find the 2500 has a lot of rock at lower speeds too and it already has the Bilsteins and the Off Road package. If I was going to use it a lot in those conditions I would add the Thuren sway bar for sure.

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you tried hitting the speed bump with both front wheels at the same time. Also, some lots put the speed bumps at a bit of an angle on purpose to slow traffic just for that reason. People know that if they don't slow way down they will slosh the coffee out of their cup.

OP
OP
D

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you tried hitting the speed bump with both front wheels at the same time. Also, some lots put the speed bumps at a bit of an angle on purpose to slow traffic just for that reason. People know that if they don't slow way down they will slosh the coffee out of their cup.
I was just describing the situation it’s mostly in pastures and two tracks rather than literally being a speed bump.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When off road in a 2500/3500 it is the nature of the beast. Lift and long travel shocks maybe.
A lift is NOT an option period unless it’s just front springs that are NO more 1” more than stock as it’s for hauling and towing.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Suspension maxx front sway bar end links made my truck a lot smoother when turning into driveways/driveway approaches. That was after I already put in thuren springs and fox shocks.