Software were update on my ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got in to my rams and the radio announce that the truck needs a update. As I was driving the update began. The update took about 20 minutes and after the update it told me that Uconnect did a update but did not update the maps. Bummer. Have to look in to that this summer.

7A4D8955-97C4-4D8B-8815-73C0ED186448.jpeg

B8391B08-089F-41BD-AC85-927857F680F0.jpeg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine updated the other day but it wouldn’t do the update while I was driving. I had to wait until I got to work so I could schedule the update but yeah, Uconnect software updates are separate from map updates. You gotta pay for those and they ain’t cheap but that’s ok because even though I’ve always wanted the factory navigation, and even almost went as far as buying a refurbished NAV radio and the new center dash panel to use with it and the GPS antenna in my old truck, I could care less for the one that’s in my new truck because it ain’t worth a **** so it’s fine by me. Lol.

I just wonder what all this new update consisted of because on mine, when I clicked on the button to see what changed or whatever it was, I got the same screen you did that just said it was updated and that it did not update the map software either. So far, I haven’t seen anything that’s changed so I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtremeroller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 & 2008
Engine
5.7L HEMI
After my Uconnect update the radio will stay on for several minutes after I shut the truck off and lock the doors. I have all the power off setting set to zero but it didn't make a difference. I even tried resetting everything but no change. Uconnect customer service sucks.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
After my Uconnect update the radio will stay on for several minutes after I shut the truck off and lock the doors. I have all the power off setting set to zero but it didn't make a difference. I even tried resetting everything but no change. Uconnect customer service sucks.

Hi xtremeroller,
Sorry to hear about this! It sounds like you've tried calling our Customer Care line already. I would be happy to look into this further for you if you continue to experience this concern. Of course, we do recommend having your dealer look into this but we are happy to assist with that process.

Lydia
Ram Cares

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
I just wonder what all this new update consisted of because on mine, when I clicked on the button to see what changed or whatever it was, I got the same screen you did that just said it was updated and that it did not update the map software either. So far, I haven’t seen anything that’s changed so I don’t know.

Got tired of seeing it ask me everyday so last night did the upgrade. Same thing, asks me if I wanted to see what's new, said yes, told me many new features but not maps???? Like you I don't care about the maps but what did they "upgrade" or add? Can't find info anywhere??

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got tired of seeing it ask me everyday so last night did the upgrade. Same thing, asks me if I wanted to see what's new, said yes, told me many new features but not maps???? Like you I don't care about the maps but what did they "upgrade" or add? Can't find info anywhere??

I know that the last update made my radio to where if I was streaming music from my iPhone through Bluetooth, it would now display my album art on the radio screen because before that update, the only way that I could get stuff like album art to show up on the radio screen was my phone had to be plugged in to the truck using the USB cord.