Solar panels for camping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I wonder if a ski rack type rack, that fits on pickup truck roofs, could be modified to mount SOLAR PANELs

1692600259117.png
the panels could lay flat & still catch the Sun
Hook that up to something like a

JACKERY portable power stations, also known as battery-powered generators.​

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use a geneverse home power one for camping and a ecoflow delta pro for the house

OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
And for a mere 1000$ you can get one too They are probably pretty good but a regular lead/acid battery is way cheaper

bravem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How difficult is to install a solar panel on rv?
I now have a 200 watt solar panel for rv and it works great. The quality seems to be very good. It was easy to set it up and took a few hours to do the job. The panel comes with pre-drilled holes on the back that make installation quick and easy without the need for heavy tools. Though it also depends on the system you choose, installing a more extensive system can easily take 10-15 hours or more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
4xdad

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
So I screwed up large when I installed my solar panels I mounted them to corplast because I heard that they overheat. I didn’t seal the leading edge big mistake after quite a few high speed miles one came off. So I reinstalled them and sealed the leading edge down good. Lucky for me no damage to the panel or anything else