SOLD! NEW "DAMAGED" RAM SPORT PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well I had this sold to Kad, shipped it to him via USPS but it arrived with the bottom mounting tab broken off. I have refunded Kad in full and now have the headlight back. Still brand new but now with the broken mounting tab. I have the tab that broke off, its a clean break and can be reattached with the proper adhesive but I will let the new buyer do that and sell it as-is for a discounted price.

So still offering it for sale, asking $175 for it as-is with free shipping to the lower 48. Any questions please PM me anytime.

Yes I know the word Forum is spelled wrong! :)

IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It looks like it is, but just to confirm, this is the black or "sport" version, part #68093221AD, yes?

-K

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It looks like it is, but just to confirm, this is the black or "sport" version, part #68093221AD, yes?

-K

Yes this is the real Mopar "Black Sport" headlight.

Reactions: kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes this is the real Mopar "Black Sport" headlight.

Oh, I shouldn't right now... but I REALLY want an OEM replacement for the TYC the dealer stuck me with (long story) and it's weird zigzag cutoff... And this is a fantastic price. PMing you...

-K

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh, I shouldn't right now... but I REALLY want an OEM replacement for the TYC the dealer stuck me with (long story) and it's weird zigzag cutoff... And this is a fantastic price. PMing you...

-K
What!?! Haha why the heck would they put a TYC in your truck? I know you said long story but it sounds like it would be interesting. Why would the dealer even have one of those floating around?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What!?! Haha why the heck would they put a TYC in your truck? I know you said long story but it sounds like it would be interesting. Why would the dealer even have one of those floating around?

Ok, the tale of the TYC headlight...

I bought the truck as a Certified Pre-Owned in Aug of '17 from a local RAM dealer. About a month after I bought it and after a week of torrential rain I noticed water in the driver's headlight. When I investigated I found a large crack on the top/back of the headlight, concealed by the radiator cover, that had been poorly repaired with epoxy.

I took it back to the dealer to ask (politely) "WTF?", as that should have been caught on the CPO checklist. After the used car sales manager accused me of cracking and attempting to repair it myself (despite the obviously old appearance of the repair) and then refused to do anything about it, I went home and called the owner's office. I told his secretary I wanted to give him a chance to hear the story before I went to the local press, the BBB and the state attorney general's office. He wasn't in, but I had a call back from him within an hour to tell me that it would be replaced at their expense. Ok, that sounds good, right?

A week later they called to tell me the replacement light was in, I brought the truck in and they replaced it. However, when I went out to the truck afterward I noticed that there was no RAM logo on the replacement. Back in I go, to be told that the aftermarket replacement was what the boss had authorized and I was stuck with it. Would have been nice if they told me beforehand.

It looked identical other than the lack of logos so I went with it. I didn't discover the weird cutoff until a few days later. The TYC's use a different type of projector lens and you can see through it, the cutoff mechanism is actually Z shaped and it's bothered me ever since.

The TYC's are probably the closest thing to the OEM headlights. The color of the turn/running light is spot on, etc. They are good lights and if they had the same cutoff as the OEM one I probably would not feel a need to replace it.

One small consolation, I found out later that the used car sales manager in question got fired a few months later. Apparently I wasn't the only one to file a complaint about him.

-K

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Having that other headlight would have drove me bonkers as well. I can't believe you found one at this price! OP basically gave it away to you at that price!

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well I had this sold to Kad, shipped it to him via USPS but it arrived with the bottom mounting tab broken off. I have refunded Kad in full and now have the headlight back. Still brand new but now with the broken mounting tab. I have the tab that broke off, its a clean break and can be reattached with the proper adhesive but I will let the new buyer do that and sell it as-is for a discounted price.

So still offering it for sale, asking $175 for it as-is with free shipping to the lower 48. Any questions please PM me anytime.

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I can vouch for the light being in perfect shape with the exception of the broken tab and for CircuitGuy being a stand-up-guy! One thing to note is that this it the newer one that takes the 9005 Low Beam bulb, as oposed to the older one that takes the 9012.

-K

Status
Not open for further replies.