Sold the Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought my friend said he had LT1, may be 4, just not pay that much attention ne more. I go back to the days: What U got? 350? 396? 426? 427? 454? lol...
What’s that in V’s? Overheard from a used pony car shopper. Kids these days…

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Ok I hate to hash this out on a RAM forum, but

6th GEN, digital rearview mirror. No blind spots.

6th gen is more techy, lighter, and faster than the 5th gen we're discussing as a side line, but I still prefer the aesthetics and relative spaceousness of the 5th gen. I've had four Camaros and a Corvette over the years and the '10-'12 5th gens are the sweet spot for me. Chevy just hit it out of the park with the modern take on a retro American classic for those years IMO. But you're faster, so there's that. :D

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
The 5th GEN Limited is, to this day the best 4x4 MetroJethro you can get

She will be missed, well until

waaaa waaaaA wwwwwaaaaaaa WAAAAAAAAAA

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have had some fun too. Just cant pull the RV with them.

Attachments

• IMAG0185.jpg
    IMAG0185.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 6

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
nice ride.i'd love to have a newer muscle car. my dream car has always been a new 'vette.i had cash in hand back in the '90's to go buy one,went to go look at it and somehow ended up with a new truck instead.last time i got myself a new vehicle was 2012.in that time my wife has bought a Mazda cx5,a powerwagon,which she gave to me for a retirement gift,a new Tesla Y and now she's on the list for a Cybertruck.she still has all her vehicles.i keep buying all terrain vehicles and boats.we have no idea what we're doing.

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've got a 2011. I have no problems backing up and can use the mirrors fine. When I first bought the car I had the same issue as you because I set the mirrors like I would a "normal" car. That doesn't cut it with the Camaros. To eliminate the blind spots:

1) Put your head nearly touching the driver's side window.
2) Adjust your driver's side mirror out until *just past* where you can see the flank of your own car.
3) Put your head over the center console, as near to the middle of the car as you can.
4) Adjust the passenger's side mirror out until *just past* where you can see the flank of your own car.

If you adjust the mirrors while seated normally, you'll have massive blind spots. Doing it like this means when you're in your normal position there is zero blind spot. Any object is in at least one of your mirrors or in your peripheral view. I know guys automatically know everything and nobody would admit they didn't know how to set mirrors...but I have zero visibility concerns with the mirrors set as above.
That's great for backing up, but do you drive around with your mirrors adjusted that way all the time, or do you adjust them each time you back up? Either way, that's not an acceptable solution for me. If I have to move a significant amount to be able to see around me the visibility isn't good. If you're happy with your solution that's great. Enjoy your 5th gen Camaro. :waytogo:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
That's great for backing up, but do you drive around with your mirrors adjusted that way all the time, or do you adjust them each time you back up? Either way, that's not an acceptable solution for me. If I have to move a significant amount to be able to see around me the visibility isn't good. If you're happy with your solution that's great. Enjoy your 5th gen Camaro. :waytogo:

Like I said: Doing it like this means when you're in your normal position there is zero blind spot.

You never adjust them again. Why would you? Blind spots don't change based on the direction the car is moving. It completely eliminates blind spots and the only time you move around is when you're setting them up. After that they are perfectly adjusted for where your head is naturally when you drive. This is why I said people who complained about the visibility don't know how to set the mirrors. Set them with the above procedure and the visibility is great. Set them up without doing the above and you will end up with big blind spots like you did.

Try it with any car, you'll see you have much better visibility than adjusting the mirrors while just sitting with your head in the normal driving position. It won't work on big trucks, but I use the above for any car or SUV.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Like I said: Doing it like this means when you're in your normal position there is zero blind spot.

You never adjust them again. Why would you? Blind spots don't change based on the direction the car is moving. It completely eliminates blind spots and the only time you move around is when you're setting them up. After that they are perfectly adjusted for where your head is naturally when you drive. This is why I said people who complained about the visibility don't know how to set the mirrors. Set them with the above procedure and the visibility is great. Set them up without doing the above and you will end up with big blind spots like you did.

Try it with any car, you'll see you have much better visibility than adjusting the mirrors while just sitting with your head in the normal driving position. It won't work on big trucks, but I use the above for any car or SUV.
Relax there Doc, no need to get upset.

Your instructions say to move your head basically against the window to adjust the driver side mirror, and move your head over the center console to adjust the passenger side mirror. In doing this both mirrors are mis-adjusted for when your head is in the normal driving position. Not to mention there isn't a car made which has zero blind spots. You might as well stop trying to convince me at this point. That car has been gone since I traded it in for a WRX in 2012 LOL.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Relax there Doc, no need to get upset.

Your instructions say to move your head basically against the window to adjust the driver side mirror, and move your head over the center console to adjust the passenger side mirror. In doing this both mirrors are mis-adjusted for when your head is in the normal driving position. Not to mention there isn't a car made which has zero blind spots. You might as well stop trying to convince me at this point. That car has been gone since I traded it in for a WRX in 2012 LOL.

I'm not upset, I'm trying to explain this to you and rather than respond to what I wrote you're responding to what you are imagining. Just try it and you'll see. I know, you've been setting mirrors your whole life. Maybe accept that sometimes something you've done your whole life may still be improved upon by trying a different method. Try it on any car or truck you're currently driving, it's not specific to Camaros, it's just a bigger benefit there because of how big the blind spots are for "normal" set mirrors. I have set every patrol vehicle I've had like this as well as every rental car since learning to do it. It's great in heavy traffic or during emergency driving because you don't have to shoulder check your driver's side blind spot like you otherwise would and can keep your attention more forward.

If you don't like it and it doesn't work, what are you out except resetting your mirrors?

You move your head only while setting the mirrors and you move the mirrors exactly as I described while in that position. You obviously won't see the same view from the neutral position as you did when you had your head moved for the process. That's ok, it's part of the process. Then when you return to neutral the mirrors are set to completely eliminate blind spots. Yes, completely. There is nowhere a car can be and not be level with your natural peripheral vision and not be in either your rear view or side view. Since I learned how to do this I've set every car I've driven and every half ton or smaller truck I've driven like this, and demonstrated it to many many others. It does *not* work on lifted trucks nearly as effectively on the passenger side, but still works on the driver's side pretty well.

When you first do it, you'll think the mirrors are set too far out. You're used to seeing the flank of your vehicle in your mirror. But try it and you'll never go back to just adjusting them with your head neutral.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Since some people are visual learners and text is tough, a demonstration:

And a lengthier explanation, along with video:

OP
OP
Farmer Fran