Solo performance MR400 on 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Finished installing the solo performance mr400. Ordered from gotexhaust about a week ago and came within 5 days. It sounds amazing with very little drone inside the cab. Being that my truck is a 2015 I had to cut one of the clamps off but no big deal since the new one comes with it’s own. Total job probably took about 3 hours or so. Quality stainless muffler and tubing.
087b18f12008716cc85c2dcdf962bb96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice. Can you let us know how you like it in a month or so, a review? Thanks.

David
Michigan's thumb

Yep will do. It’s only been a couple of days now but so far I absolutely love it. Maybe it’a just the sound but it feels like the truck is a little more responsive. I do have a throttle controller on it and it feel a little better but like I said might just be I can hear it kick down.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Do you tow with your truck? Would love to hear feedback when putting the 6.4 under heavy load.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I do tow with it from time to time but not like I used too. Sold my camper earlier this year. I’m also curious as to how it will sound under load. When I do I will give feed back.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I do tow with it from time to time but not like I used too. Sold my camper earlier this year. I’m also curious as to how it will sound under load. When I do I will give feed back.

Suggestion: change avatar from 2003 MY truck with 4.7L engine to whatever you have now. So we can see on your posts if applicable to our trucks, thx. I've been watching feedback on this exhaust system for my 2500 w/6.4

Reactions: U&A
OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Didn’t realize it even was still on my old truck. Sorry about that. I’ll see what I can do so there isn’t confusion.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tempted to try it but I'm paranoid of drone. Looks great, I too am looking forward to a review after you get some miles on it

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad to hear you are liking it. Thank you for your business and review!

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Tempted to try it but I'm paranoid of drone. Looks great, I too am looking forward to a review after you get some miles on it

Understand completely. I figured anytime you open up the exhaust it would have some type of drone but so far at cruise it is really not noticeable. But will give update after a few miles.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok so a little update as I have put about 100-150 miles on it. I can honestly say I really recommend this exhaust if you want a mild tone. It has so far met my expectations with the very minimal drone with normal driving. I normally never let my truck kick in my mds but wanted to see how bad it would be with it engaged and can say it definitely has an annoying drone when it does but like I said I don’t drive with it so not a problem for me.
I will be pulling a trailer about 300 miles weighing around 10k or so on Monday and will be able to update how it is after then. So far it I’m loving it and highly recommend if someone is looking for a mild tone.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Ok so a little update as I have put about 100-150 miles on it. I can honestly say I really recommend this exhaust if you want a mild tone. It has so far met my expectations with the very minimal drone with normal driving. I normally never let my truck kick in my mds but wanted to see how bad it would be with it engaged and can say it definitely has an annoying drone when it does but like I said I don’t drive with it so not a problem for me.
I will be pulling a trailer about 300 miles weighing around 10k or so on Monday and will be able to update how it is after then. So far it I’m loving it and highly recommend if someone is looking for a mild tone.

Thank you for your review. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just now getting a chance to update my experience towing with it on.
You can definitely hear the exhaust while shifting thru the gears but that’s what was expecting. What really surprised me is that when I am cruising 65-70 and I keep my rpms above I’d say 2400-2500 I don’t get any drone. Most of the time I stayed around 2800 rpm and set my cruise at at 70. If I let the truck kick into 6th gear and brought the rpms down I would hear some of the drone but it wasn’t obnoxious but that just my opinion.

Maybe it’s just me but I feel like the truck just breathes and runs better with the new exhaust. Feels as though it has more get up and go and feels less like it is lugging in and out of the gears. With the exhaust it just feels more responsive. I added a throttle controller about a year ago and it obviously made a huge difference but now it seems to hold its rpms better. Not sure if that makes since but the solo performance mr400 is a win for me. Truck sounds like a truck now and not so quite and meek.

Now to tackle my broken exhaust manifold bolts that I can hear on start up.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Thanks for sharing.

There is no doubt it is less restrictive. The only question is if it is enough to notice. I'll take that as a yes.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not that I think my truck didn’t already pull well but I feel like it just has less lugging and holds the gear better.

One other thing and I’m not sure it has anything to do with the exhaust but I have never noticed it before is that my coolant temps seems to drop when I’m under heavy load like pulling a hill. It will drop down to 190-195 and hold there until I’m out of the throttle. Then back up to around 215 and fluctuate like normal. I know my pump is circulating the coolant faster but I would think it would go up when under hard acceleration. I pulled my travel trailer to Florida and back never experienced it come down that low. Probably nothing but I just noticed it on this trip.

Last edited:

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just out of curiosity do you still have the resonator on the back end or did you take that off when you installed the new muffler?

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I left the resonator on