Solo Performance Muffler delete kits for RAM 2500/3500 with 6.4 Hemi here at Got Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, I hear ya. If my wife sees a new FedEx package on the porch soon and then sees the mufflex laying next the OEM muffler in the garage, I can't imagine what she's going to say. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know how much I'm spending... Unless she reads these boards.

should-stop-spending-so-much-money-on-car-11712594.png

96fa74a6d6370983fe8ccc48a173138a.jpg

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How do you like it after a little while on your truck? Do you tow at all? If so any issues? Website??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
I'll answer your questions the best I can but its been a while since I have heard the mufflex delete in person.

1. I would give it a 6 maybe 7. its almost the same volume as mufflex BUT the idle tone is a bit different. I always thought the mufflex almost sounded like a diesel at idle, not exact but it definitely has a similar sound. Solo has more of a gasser sound for sure with a very nice idle tone

2. 7, i feel its a bit louder probably due to the larger diameter pipe (4") used for the offset which increases flow thru the back to back bends over the 3.5"

3. Last night I was in the same exact situation cruising at that speed and rpm range. The drone was there but not prominent. It was low enough that I could turn on the radio to 13(8.4 Uconnnect) and the drone wasnt noticeable anymore. In fact its hard to tell when the MDS kicks in now as far as sound when the windows are up.

Let me know if I answered all your questions or if you need me to explain anything further. Also let me know if you have any additional ones

Nick got exhaust or anybody: In post #16 about the Solo vs Mufflex/Magnaflow comparison, thanks for that info. My question, would the 4" diameter Solo delete pipe, vs the Mufflex 3.5"delete pipe, have any difference's in sound or drone? have you heard both? Its hard to tell in YouTube videos alone. Are there any other advantages? I'm stuck on the fence, and am over thinking this, like other's only want to do it once. BTW I think I will keep the resonator.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick got exhaust or anybody: In post #16 about the Solo vs Mufflex/Magnaflow comparison, thanks for that info. My question, would the 4" diameter Solo delete pipe, vs the Mufflex 3.5"delete pipe, have any difference's in sound or drone? have you heard both? Its hard to tell in YouTube videos alone. Are there any other advantages? I'm stuck on the fence, and am over thinking this, like other's only want to do it once. BTW I think I will keep the resonator.
Sound will be similar other than the Solo being slightly louder. The drone is extremely minimal on the Solo. The Solo will flow slightly better with the larger pipe being used for the back to back bends.

Fitment on the Solo seems to be better as I have heard complaints about another brand sealing on the front connection.

If your on the fence go Solo! The other brand with shipping cost is the same price or more since we offer free shipping on the Solo.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: U&A
OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
had a buddy/coworker behind me on the thruway the other day. he said when i got on it, it sounded awesome! still loving this setup!!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Comming from a guy that has the mufflex/magnaflow setup... i had to take the resonator of to be satisfied.

If you want to keep the resonator get the solo for sure. The mufflex is way to mild/quiet with the resonator on. Then tou can still take the resonator off if you want more.

bvincent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought the SOLO Perf muffler delete from GotExhaust when he posted it the first time. The fact that it was 4 inch mandrel bent down to 3.5 and bolted right in - convinced me to pull the trigger. I Installed it and left the factory resonator on.

It has been on for a couple weeks now and I'm happy with it. Great aggressive sound.

But my experience is that there is drone at 1500-2000 rpms and 1700-1800 rpms the drone is loud. Now it might be my 49 year old ears, or the 35 inch tires making the motor lug a little harder.

At 65-75 MPH its right in the 1700-1800 RPM range and the drone is significant.

my.02

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the SOLO Perf muffler delete from GotExhaust when he posted it the first time. The fact that it was 4 inch mandrel bent down to 3.5 and bolted right in - convinced me to pull the trigger. I Installed it and left the factory resonator on.

It has been on for a couple weeks now and I'm happy with it. Great aggressive sound.

But my experience is that there is drone at 1500-2000 rpms and 1700-1800 rpms the drone is loud. Now it might be my 49 year old ears, or the 35 inch tires making the motor lug a little harder.

At 65-75 MPH its right in the 1700-1800 RPM range and the drone is significant.

my.02
what gears do you have?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My Solo Delete will be here in a few days.
Hurry up UPS!

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just sayin,

Any exhaust system that deletes a muffler is going to have drone at least in one spot in the RPM range.

Not starting a fight. Just stating that when you replace a 4 foot long muffler with a straight pipe setup drone is going to happen on any vehicle.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.73 with 35x12.50 tires

Have you calibrated your speedo with the tire change?

Does it feel like the truck is "lugging" when you hear the drone?

Just trying to figure it out. My drone is minimal. I dont even notice it with the radio on. As U&A said drone is going to happen its just to what degree especially with MDS.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These have been a very popular item and we have them in stock and ready to ship!

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Nick, I must say the Solo Performance Exhaust Delete kit for my Ram is as described. It’s badass awesome. I installed it this morning and now my truck feels like it’s got more power. It feels like a good 20hp more. It’s not as loud as others have said.
Folks this is an awesome kit simple to install only took about 45 minuets including gathering the tools. I will say though that you will need some WD squirty squirty for the rubber hangers. You will also have the opportunity to realign the the exhaust tip. I thought mine hung too low from the factory but, maybe that was just my truck.
Ram Forum Family this is one of the best mods to put on your truck hands down [mic drop]
Thank you Nick@gotexhaust

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you are enjoying it. Such a great sound!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk