Some Good RV Safety Reminders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That article points out about having a CO detector, if your RV has a gas powered furnace/heater make sure you a CO detector. Check when it was manufactured as they are only good for a maximum of 10 years. Same applies for your home.

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That article points out about having a CO detector, if your RV has a gas powered furnace/heater make sure you a CO detector. Check when it was manufactured as they are only good for a maximum of 10 years. Same applies for your home.
RV CO and LP detectors are only good for 5 years. They'll usually have a date stamped on the back but lately I've been seeing a lot of CO detectors with blank labels. The LP detector will always have the stamp and you can pretty much bet it'll be the same year as the CO.

Smoke detectors last 10 years.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Extra fire extinguishers are a good thing too. Our motorhome the original is mounted by the entry door... if I get that far, I’m outa there and let it burn.

I added one in the bedroom, cause that’s the worst scenario, night fire while you’re sleeping, at the opposite end from the door.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thankfully just about everything that could start a fire is in the back of our trailer. Our bedroom is in the front and the door is in the middle. It's a good set up that way, but it probably wouldn't be that hard to break thru the wall if need be to escape the way these things are built. But first I'd probably use the escape window in the bedroom.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel

A couple of years ago I bought three 10-year smoke/CO detector/alarms that are mounted in the garage, dining room, and the hallway between the bedroom doors. No battery changes, just toss and replace after 10 years. I'll probably replace them before that, just because leaving something run until it dies isn't... smart... They get tested each month when I change out the A/C filter...