Some parts are getting hard to find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh , I discovered the other night that "Parts Geek" has Dashes and Dash covers at a resonable price !
Thank you, but dash pads are not the issue here. You can find those all day long. It’s the underside of the dash that is the problem. Nobody makes it.

As for piecing one together and then covering in fabric, it could probably work. Is just a tremendous amount of work to get it done and really make it nice. I hope to do something like that someday when I can afford to have the truck out of service for a couple weeks.

OP
OP
S

Sirriggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately, I have never seen the part he is taking about going for that cheap. There are lots of options for the top of the dash or the gauge bezel. The part nobody can find is the subassembly that all of those things mount onto. The going rate on eBay seems to be $700-900 for a junkyard part, and you know they are all just as old and brittle as the part they would be replacing. I wish so badly that somebody would make them. I think people would very readily spend $700+ For them.
You hit that right on the head. You can find covers all day but the main part to connect to really needs to be made. I would rather spend $700 to maybe $900 for something new then being forced to accept old and used with high risk. Dodge should have been held responsible to fix the problem years ago that would have prevented this but oh well. lol.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
You hit that right on the head. You can find covers all day but the main part to connect to really needs to be made. I would rather spend $700 to maybe $900 for something new then being forced to accept old and used with high risk. Dodge should have been held responsible to fix the problem years ago that would have prevented this but oh well. lol.
I second that. Toyota, for example, had a warranty extension to cover the entire dash on all Camry, Solara, Sienna, and 4Runners for a 5+ year stretch because of poor materials used. It would be nice if Dodge at least helped produce a replacement for those of us who want to keep these trucks going. I would buy a new dash core in a heartbeat even if it was $1000+. Instead I am stuck with a $900+ ebay used dash and I still have to reinforce it myself and hope it doesn't fall apart during shipping or install.

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
Dodge will not likely be of any help, They want to sell new trucks for more money, not keep old ones going. My Local dealer has pretty much been worthless as far as service goes! however many of these parts are made by sub contractors, the key may be on the part itself if there are any numbers on it, might take a little work to find out what company made the part.

Now under the Stellantis umbrella are Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Lancia, and Maserati—thanks to FCA—as well as Citroën, DS, Opel, Peugeot, and Vauxhall, thanks to PSA.

Stellantis will be headquartered in Amsterdam and will have operation centers in France, Italy, and the United States. Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares—the former CEO of PSA—said in a press conference today that this merger will allow the two companies to combine forces to create "highly effective" sibling cars as well as give the various brands the opportunity to rebound and grow.

Currently, it's unclear whether or not some of the 14 brands will be cut from the Stellantis portfolio; Tavares wouldn’t specify today. Nonetheless, questions have been raised on whether both Fiat and Chrysler will survive the merger, as both have struggled in recent years. And in the case of Peugeot, its return to the U.S. is now uncertain; in early 2019, it had been reported that Peugeot would return to American roads by 2026.

A focal point for the new company is electrification and the number of electrified vehicles in its lineup. Currently, Stellantis has 29 electrified vehicles on the market—including both fully electric and hybrid vehicles—and will offer 39 by the end of 2021. Then, by 2025, Stellantis companies will produce "one electrified model for every newly launched global model," the company said at a press conference today.

Plans for the merger were first announced in October 2019 but were delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. Now that it has gone through, former FCA CEO Mike Manley will head operations in North America for Stellantis. The merger, according to Tavares, will save the two companies $6.1 billion in the coming years; 80 percent of those savings will be realized before 2025, Tavares said.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
Yeah, I will not be jumping on the electric bandwagon, if I want a golf cart, I’ll go to the golf course.

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
I am not opposed to Electric, I have been a copy machine repairman for decades. I would only want it though, If I can charge it with solar from a home system. Even then only to drive back and forth to work. If I have to use coal fired plants to recharge it, nothing gets changed!

Basic rule of Chemistry ! Matter cannot be Created or Destroyed, only a change of State !

The only Free power comes from the sun !

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

how to know which year bezel your looking at, don't buy the wrong one
not all vendors or suppliers know the differences
detailed explanation

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

how to know which year bezel your looking at, don't buy the wrong one
not all vendors or suppliers know the differences
detailed explanation

And once again…. Thanks, but this is not the part we are all hurting for. If it were that easy to find, we wouldn’t be here lamenting our inability to do so.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Whatever it is that you are trying to find
You are not explaining it very well enough to help you search for it

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I am not opposed to Electric, I have been a copy machine repairman for decades. I would only want it though, If I can charge it with solar from a home system. Even then only to drive back and forth to work. If I have to use coal fired plants to recharge it, nothing gets changed!

Basic rule of Chemistry ! Matter cannot be Created or Destroyed, only a change of State !

The only Free power comes from the sun !
Only, it is not free given the investment in equipment to harvest it.
1st law of thermodynamics......
There is no free lunch.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whatever it is that you are trying to find
You are not explaining it very well enough to help you search for it
Nobody makes it. We have all searched to the ends of the earth. It is the subassembly that the dash pad, gauges, bezel, stereo, and glove box all mount to. The only way to get one is from a junkyard, and all of those are just as old and brittle as the parts they would replace. I have searched nationwide for NOS mopar parts sitting on some dealer’s shelf. Nada. They quit making them years ago, and nobody has any more. I’ve emailed Geno’s to ask them if they would consider making them, and they said they had no plans to do so. They are complete Unobtanium.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
A friend built the Trike from a Custom Hardtail Harley

The engine & transmission & the Frame neck came from the hard tail
He removed fancy Weber carb & replaced it with an S&S
He removed the Narrow Glide forks & installed a reconditioned modified Wide Glide forks
added dual disc brakes
He found a 1951 Trike rear end that had a bent axle, i found a straight axle
I bought a set of OEM rear brakes

He custom built a rear swing arm, it later cracked & different custom swing arm is on it now

The rear of the main frame was tweaked & modified to accept shock absorbers

9rUZy4.jpg

o4qFr7.jpg

JAnN72.jpg

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
Only "Right to Repair " Legislation will put a stop to parts unavailability. Time to change our throw away society back to a well built and repairable society. No reason an automobile cannot last a lifetime! Model T's are still around !

Reactions: Mop

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
Model T's by the way , engineered by the Dodge brothers, in case anyone questions relevance!