SOS...12" Screen died, froze, whatever...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UTAHPWRWGN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Is there any way to reset this thing is it ***** borked? Totally unresponsive with "shattered" random graphics. Even the buttons on the sides are dead even though there's still power to the unit.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you still under warranty?, if so have the dealer fix it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm. Maybe try unhooking battery for a bit.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If un-hooking the battery doesnt fix it. You will need to see the dealer.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can reset it by pulling it from the dash and disconnecting it completely from the truck. Give it at least 60 minutes before you reinstall it so that it totally resets.

If that doesn't work then, yeah, it's totally borked.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Dunno if it will do anything or not, but it's free and easy to try:

Hold the power button in for 20 seconds to force a hard restart.

If it doesn't reset, try the same but with the power button and the tuner button held in. Maybe Google your specific year and model to see, as it apparently varies.

Last edited:

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same issue that got progressively worse, started out by freezing, then moved to pixielating, then would do some random high pitched buzzing through the speakers. Only way to temporarily reset was to turn the truck off. All the fixes mentioned above will not work. How do I know? Three new radios later (yes that is correct THREE radios) I tried all the easy fixes first.

Hopefully you have warranty. The first radio that was replaced I waited months for, supposedly backordered. Interestingly enough it was also defective but with different symptoms. The second radio, had the same issues as the factory radio. Finally on my third one, technically fourth including the factory radio, and I have been trouble free for over a year....fingers crossed.

One peice of advise. As usual when I would bring the truck in they couldn't replicate the issue, as it was random. I took a video with my phone next time it happened and went back and showed the service director. He had the tech come out and watch and that was proof enough they needed for a warranty claim.

A trip to the dealer is in your cards....