Spark plug/ignition coil replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emcshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I have a 2014 1500 Sport w/115,000 miles

I am replacing the spark plugs (a little late, I know) and was wondering do I need to replace the ignition coils too? Also, is an oil change and fuel induction cleaning system recommended at this time? I have not had a fuel induction service done previously. I see on here many think its a rip off but figured it would be a good maintain service since I haven't done it before and I am replacing the plugs.

I plan to use the Iridium NGK92145 but wasnt sure if the ignition coils needed replacement too.

This is a preventative maintenance, I am not having any issues currently.

Thanks.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nope just spark plugs. I would inspect the boots, but those and the coils are supposed to be lifetime. I didn't replace mine.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will like those NGK plugs. I love them in mine as well. Check you PCV valve. I changed all of my fluids as well. Radiator, brake, PS, transmission fluid with redline, and a mopar filter and valvoline rear end fluid.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When it comes to spark plugs , I replace with whatever comes out .