Spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragnar1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just bought a fourth generation 2014 Dodge ram 1500 Laramie, and just have some questions on what spark plugs do you recommend for that truck of course I called Dodge and of course they want you to buy their plugs which is Mopar and I couldn't believe when I popped the hood because I'm not used to you know having you know VA engines where there was two for cylinder which I thought that was insane but it's good for emissions I guess so I'm just wondering what spark plug is safe to put in that truck? They said that do not put champions in there I guess because that with these new motors they don't run very well so I'm just looking to know which spark plug is a safe good plug to put in that 5.7 l hemi and that truck right now has about 95,000 mi on it which I'm not sure at the dealer if they had those plugs done which I know you would know you would feel it if you need a spark plugs but what do you guys recommend on mileage to do spark plugs? Thank you for your help
Craig

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I would recommend you read the manual if you have one. 14s should have iridium plugs which are good for 100k miles. If you have an 8 speed transmission(dial shifter) you probably have iridium plugs. If you have a six speed you might have copper. Regardless You should replace them with iridium plugs. Stock is NGK.

I order them from rock auto. Their selection computer is accurate for an online tool.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Second the iridium plugs, after changing all 16 you won’t want to touch them again for at least 100k miles LOL. I bought some NGK’s off eBay and Amazon before, just be careful not to get a fake set. Yes there are counterfeit spark plugs, insane.