Speaker issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cntryusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2001 1500 RCLB w/out the infinity system. The right hand passenger door speaker is not working. I verified the wires for the adapter harness matched up with the wires to the speaker. Is there a way to check to see if one of the original wires are broken? The driver side is working just fine. There are no rear speakers installed so I know why those aren't working :roflsquared:.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I just bought a 2001 1500 RCLB w/out the infinity system. The right hand passenger door speaker is not working. I verified the wires for the adapter harness matched up with the wires to the speaker. Is there a way to check to see if one of the original wires are broken? The driver side is working just fine. There are no rear speakers installed so I know why those aren't working :roflsquared:.

Two options, swap a known working speaker from the other door, or take a multimeter and verify continuity from each wire in the door, to the corresponding wire by the harness.

If the know good speaker doesn't work, you can guess the wiring is at fault, if the multimeter tests open on either wire, the wiring is bad. However if you get continuity through both wires and the known good speaker doesn't work, the head unit is bad.

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't want to start a new thread. I have a similar issue. '99 1500. Original owner.

My front speakers went out. I bought Rockfords. Nothing crazy, just stock replacements.
Driver's side works. Passenger doesn't. I decided to work on that another day. As i was playing my radio, I heard very low music playing on the passenger side! I blended the balance, and the passenger speaker started working, but very low. A day later, it stopped again.

I will guess it's the wiring. I'll have it checked out, since I'm not good with electrical. But is it weird to have a speaker not work, then work at low volume, then not work again?