Special Order Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramma Jam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just wanted to pass along my experience on the special order process. I ordered a Rebel G/T on 26 May 2022 with $500 down. Pretty much loaded with all the technology offered so folks worried about microchip status can rest assured I have them all. I immediately started checking status updates at: https://www.ramtrucks.com/trackyourorder.html#/landing
Your dealer should give you the Vehicle Order Number or “VON”. It’s important that you enter your last name exactly as it is on the dealer order; I have a JR suffix so if I don’t enter lastname jr then it won’t show up. It took about a week to show up as order confirmed. The dealership told me to expect four months. It took me just under two months to get mine. Details below:
Order Confirmed: 26 May
Scheduled: 14 June
In Production: 1 July
Vehicle Built: 7 July
Shipped: 6 July (yes shipped before built lol)
Delivered: 23 July
Audiophile was also able to look up my vehicle by VIN to get a bit more fidelity on where my truck shipped from. At one point the “shipped” status changed from shipped to not shipped then back again. Audiophile showed that my truck shipped from Toledo but everything shows my truck was assembled in Sterling Heights. I suspect my truck moved from Sterling to Toledo then Toledo to Alabama. I’m guessing this caused the system to switch from shipped to not shipped then back. All said it was a great experience other than an issue with my rebate. The nationwide consumer cash shows $1,000 on the ram website for my truck. The dealer system showed $500. I called Ram’s incentive department and they can only tell me my vin only qualified for $500. It’s frustrating because building my truck still shows $1000. Feels like false advertising. Third Ram in 15 years. Pay $70k for a truck and they stiff you by $500. Almost makes me laugh.

Thanks again Audiophile

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Anytime, enjoy that new truck! - pics or it didn't happen!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
All Rams built in Michigan & then leave by Freight Train, always go to a Freight Railway Hub just a bit west of Chicago, i think the RR calls it Naperville.

At that point the freight cars are shifted around, so that trains are made up, so that Locomotives can hook up to them, depending on who owns the RR Track where the freight cars are going to.

Like CSX Locomotives go to Birmingham, Alabama
where they drop all of the freight cars carrying Chrysler vehicles going to Alabama

If it went to Toledo, a locomotive from Ann Arbor Railroad had to have picked your freight car up in Naperville & pulled it to Toledo

Ann Arbor Railroad (AA)​

• Primary Commodities
Watco moves any commodity, and on this railroad, it’s primarily auto parts and finished vehicles, along with bulk materials like flour, sugar, grain, plastics, sand, cement, recyclables, fertilizer, paper, lumber, and petroleum.
  • Track Miles 86.5
  • Track Capacity 286
  • Interchange Points
  • Toledo, OH – NS, CSXT, CN, WE )
Then a CSX Locomotive would have hooked up to that freight car & pulled it down to Birmingham.

A bit confusing, but the system must work :)

Last edited:

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Your truck build/delivery was quick. I've always special ordered my trucks since 1988. You get the features you want and not what the dealer wants. To me, it's the only way to go. Good luck with the new truck.

Red

Mysterio419

Reaction score
Ram Year
WoW i also ordered a Rebel, with everything i could really get.

Order confirmed May 27th
Scheduled June 15th
In production July 10th
Built July 13th
Shipped July 26th
ETA is 8/17 - it's on the slowest train ever. I talked to my dealer and he said it was in New Mexico on 8/6- Just ready to have it already

Shipping to Las Vegas

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If the freight train is going to Las Vegas
It will make a stop at Santa Rosa New Mexico to drop off freight cars. Just outside of Albuquerque.
Then it only has to go 700 miles to get to 4740 Tropical Parkway East Las Vegas, NV, where it will be unloaded.
Then all that is left is for a semi truck to be scheduled to pick it up & make the delivery

Mysterio419

Reaction score
Ram Year
If the freight train is going to Las Vegas
It will make a stop at Santa Rosa New Mexico to drop off freight cars. Just outside of Albuquerque.
Then it only has to go 700 miles to get to 4740 Tropical Parkway East Las Vegas, NV, where it will be unloaded.
Then all that is left is for a semi truck to be scheduled to pick it up & make the delivery
Im not sure, my dealer says it does go up to Utah, but i don't know if its unloaded here in vegas first. They just moved the date to Aug 25th, but that tracker doesn't seem to be very accurate.

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
WoW i also ordered a Rebel, with everything i could really get.

Order confirmed May 27th
Scheduled June 15th
In production July 10th
Built July 13th
Shipped July 26th
ETA is 8/17 - it's on the slowest train ever. I talked to my dealer and he said it was in New Mexico on 8/6- Just ready to have it already

Shipping to Las Vegas

It's really strange how the build process works. I ordered my loaded Laramie 2wd on 06/13, scheduled 06/22, in production 06/30, built 07/01, shipped 07/04, delivered 07/15 to Concord, NC. A total of 32 days from start to finish. You ordered before me, and still haven't recieved your truck. Nope, I don't get, I just don't get it at all. Good luck, I hope yours arrives next week.

I want to say the truck is worth the wait, but that's easy for me to say that since I already have mine. But, they are nice trucks. This is my first ever Ram as I was once a Ford F-150 fan boy. The Ram is leaps, and bounds ahead of the F-150 in many ways.

Torpedo769

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
That is crazy, my experience has been way different. I ordered a 2500 limited megacab. My dealer goofed up on my order then submitted the correct order a week later so I have the ability to rack both builds. The timeline for both is below. I have zero idea when mine will be done.
Goofed order Correct order
Confirmed Oct 5th Confirmed Oct 11
Scheduled Nov 21 NOTHING YET!!!!!!

GlennRH

Military
Reaction score
Looks like your dealer is correct
This Freight Railway Map shows the track going through UTAH

Just skimming posts and have to thank you. You got me sidetracked into looking at railroad cars and engines as if they were in a show room! Excellent.