Specs for the Camera? (Dual Camera Trailer Kit - Mopar part # 82216068AD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

de1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Greetings all. Three linked questions for you...

I have a 2021 RAM 2500 Laramie with the "Mopar Trailer Camera Wrong/No Camera (XFQ)" package. I'm close to buying a back-up camera to help in towing a 5th Wheel. I know the appropriate Mopar part for the camera and wiring harnesses to run it back is 82216068AD. However, I'd like to know more about what I'm buying before dropping about $650!

Question #1: What are the camera's specifications??? Specifically:
- What is the resolution? (1080P HD? Less?)
- What is the field of view? (90? 120? more?)
- Does it have night mode/night vision?

Question #2: If I plug into the 12 pin port will the camera's video display on UConnect's AUX 1 (or AUX 2)? (A different thread implies it will, but looking for verification.)

Question #3: If the Mopar camera isn't worth the $650, has anyone found a suitable wired alternative which will still use the 12 pin port?

Thank you! DE

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't have a Ram with those features, but they caught my interest a while back

do you have the
1) 9" Digital Rear View Mirror

Tow mode camera, Video mentions the normal Cargo camera in the 3rd Brake light, as well as the Digital Camera that is also in the 3rd Brake Light.

Then goes on to tell about the 2 camera connections in the rear bumper, although it does not talk about the 12 pin hookup

The same serial number for the digital camera that Ram uses in several places, like the digital camera in the 3rd brake light, as well as for your topper interior camera, the trailer interior camera & the trailer exterior cameras,
all have the same Serial #
You will find cameras with the same serial on several foreign & some domestic vehicles including the
Hyundai, if you go to the Hyundai parts website, you will see the same camera, same serial # for about 1/3rd cheaper than the Ram website price

Hope this helps some what

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OP
OP
D

de1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
GTyankee,
Thank you very much - yes, that did help.

Still unsure what the resolution of the camera is, as well as if the camera has a "night mode" (IR capability) or not.

When I go to the Hyndai parts sites, I couldn't find an equivalent camera to the one you have the parts #'s you provided.

DE

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Towing Technology Group $1,095 Center High–Mounted Stop Lamp with Camera Surround–View Camera System Trailer Reverse Guidance

Tow–Mode Digital Rear–View Mirror Package $845 Digital Rearview Mirror Tow–Mode / Up–Fit Camera (Wired)

I believe these are codes AAN and AVF.

It seems like a group called Mopar Insiders is really knowledgeable on the Trailer Cameras

I took a quick look for the trailer camera serial number & i did not come across it
The serial number is also used on the HD Ram 3rd Brake light with Cargo cam & Digital Camera

OK !!
I found the video that mentions the digital camera & what i was writing about that they are cheaper at Hyundai