Speed volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Has anybody been able to hack the speed sensitive volume adjustment to make it always on

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
no need to hack just go into setings and scroll down to either audio or engine settings

OP
OP
liljohn30

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I go into both my see audio but nothing to make speed audio always on

OP
OP
liljohn30

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Ok I understand I have it one level 3 But when I drive the truck to come to a complete stop or slow down considerably I can hear the volume decrease I was hoping to avoid that

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok I understand I have it one level 3 But when I drive the truck to come to a complete stop or slow down considerably I can hear the volume decrease I was hoping to avoid that
That's how its supposed to work. It gets louder as you go faster to compensate for wind/road noise. If you want it to stay the same volume at all times you must turn it off.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Question? Is there supposed to be a noticeable difference in volume change with one window down. I have never heard a volume change.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Question? Is there supposed to be a noticeable difference in volume change with one window down. I have never heard a volume change.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I don't believe it monitors ambient sound level, only current speed.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
liljohn30

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I think you’re misunderstanding I want it to be the loud as it can possibly be even when I’m not moving I don’t know if there’s a way to trick it so I think you’re always going fast And yes there is a considerable difference when you’re driving when you start off you can hear the volume go up

OP
OP
liljohn30

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The factory basic radio is so so volume wise ...with the speed option on the volume is better and I can live with it for now...

rod from md

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my understanding is the radio has a certain "max" volume...the speed control settings will essentially do what we did in the old days..reach and turn it up when the car noise went up, and then turn it down when we stopped.

as we age, somehow we have the idea to turn the volume down to look for signs, addresses etc.. like that makes us see better somehow LOL

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
my understanding is the radio has a certain "max" volume...the speed control settings will essentially do what we did in the old days..reach and turn it up when the car noise went up, and then turn it down when we stopped.

as we age, somehow we have the idea to turn the volume down to look for signs, addresses etc.. like that makes us see better somehow LOL
:happy175::happy175:

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
I think you’re misunderstanding I want it to be the loud as it can possibly be even when I’m not moving I don’t know if there’s a way to trick it so I think you’re always going fast And yes there is a considerable difference when you’re driving when you start off you can hear the volume go up

LOL, you seem to have confused yourself

You need to turn that feature OFF then. That way the volume stays where ever you set it to

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So @liljohn30 I believe you misunderstand what the speed option volume level is doing. It does not make the radio output any louder than what the factory radio is capable of. All this function is doing while it is active is essentially turning the volume up automatically the faster you go. So as an example... at a stop sign if your volume is set to 15 then speed up to 55mph it would auto adjust to say 20. This function will not exceed any volume level that that the factory radio is set to with the speed option disabled. If your goal is to be as load as possible at all times then disable the function adjust your equalizer settings up a bit and turn the volume knob to your desired level.