Spent Too Much Money Yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I am well versed (or like to think I am) in the 4th Gen Rams, but I just traded in the 2014 Longhorn for a 2020 Ram Limited. During my search, I've been reading a lot here in the 5th gen section, but could use any 5th gen advice you may have!

Dealer only had it on the lot one day. Negotiated on it yesterday evening. Wasn't the perfect deal, about 12% off of MSRP, but trade-in offer was fair, and I'm content. Saved me a 3-4 hour car ride to do 15% off MSRP at a different dealer, and no guarantee the trade-in offer would have been as good.

Only low-quality dealership photos for now. Will take some and upload later this week after a good car wash. (Dealership was in a hurry to get it to me, left water spots everywhere.)

First mods: Pedal Commander, Catch Can, new rims. I want some 18" rims with some rubber on them, probably Rebel rims. While they look nice, I don't care for the noise these 22" rims will make when they get treated to post-winter pot holes and other hazards out here.

EDIT: Here are my options on top of the standard Limited items...
  • Diamond Black Crystal Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint
  • Customer Preferred Package 25M
  • Protection Group - Front Suspension Skid Plate, Fuel Tank Skid Plate, Steering Gear Skid Plate, Transfer Case Skid Plate
  • Black Appearance Package - 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Black Aluminum Wheels, 19–Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound, Black Exterior Badging, Black Headlamp Bezels, Tri–Fold Tonneau Cover, Sport Performance Hood, Tow Hooks
  • Bed Utility Group - 4–Adjustable Cargo Tie–Down Hooks
  • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group - Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Advanced Brake–Assist, Full Speed Forward Collision Warn Plus, Lane Keep Assist, Parallel and Perpendicular Park–Assist with Stop, Ventilated Rear Seats, Surround–View Camera
  • 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
  • Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle
  • 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
  • Dual–Pane Panoramic Sunroof
  • 33–Gallon Fuel Tank
  • Engine Block Heater
  • RamBox® Cargo Management System
  • Trailer Brake Control

N2ZDc49.jpg

3dyOjhC.jpg

wqUDwGi.jpg

gparZgr.jpg

5Z9IiwF.jpg

Last edited:

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Looks good. My neighbor picked up a Rebel not too long ago … I would just go aftermarket for wheels.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats, thats a beautiful truck! We can help with just about any mod so let us know how we can help! I know we discussed a catch can which is a great idea to put on now while new before everything starts getting coated with oil.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Welcome, there are tons of folks selling their Rebel wheels as well as 18” wheel / tire combos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Thank you all for the welcomes.

Looks good. My neighbor picked up a Rebel not too long ago … I would just go aftermarket for wheels.

May I ask why you think so? Not a fan of the Rebel wheels? They have both the "regular" ones, and now black ones as well.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What a sweet looking rig. Congrats man, you are gonna love the 5th gen! Eager to see more pics when modded up!

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Nice. Enjoy the new truck!

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Looking good, enjoy!

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
What a sweet looking rig. Congrats man, you are gonna love the 5th gen! Eager to see more pics when modded up!

Thanks! Hope I don't disappoint. I'm not a huge mod guy. Lots of small things, but the most intense I usually get is HIDs or suspension parts. (Not on this rig though... air suspension and LED headlights are great so far.)

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Congrats on your new Limited! That's the best option package for the Limited, except you should have also gotten the MFT. Just my opinion though.

I'm jealous of the fit of your rambox lids. Although mine looked a lot better when the truck was new. I'm curious to see if yours still fit as well when the truck is almost a year old like mine.

Very nice, I’ll buy those rims off you!
We have a set exactly like that for sale. Came off a 2020 Limited with the blackout package. Approximately 1500 miles on the tires. Only issue is shipping them across the country.

Dogpatch

Senior Member - Ram Nut
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! Hope I don't disappoint. I'm not a huge mod guy. Lots of small things, but the most intense I usually get is HIDs or suspension parts. (Not on this rig though... air suspension and LED headlights are great so far.)

Totally agree on all points. Congrats on the new purchase!

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
May I ask why you think so? Not a fan of the Rebel wheels? They have both the "regular" ones, and now black ones as well.

Just not a fan of the wheels but maybe all black would be better... plus, there are so many options out there that can set the truck apart from others.

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Just not a fan of the wheels but maybe all black would be better... plus, there are so many options out there that can set the truck apart from others.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I'm one of those guys that is very picky about rims, and I just don't like 99% of the aftermarket rims, especially the ones that have their logo all over it. Makes the truck feel "pimped out" too much for me. Your rims, for example, are one of the few ones I actually don't mind, I think they look quite nice and not at all "too much" for your truck. Excellent choice for your R/T.

OP
OP
jasonw

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I'm jealous of the fit of your rambox lids. Although mine looked a lot better when the truck was new. I'm curious to see if yours still fit as well when the truck is almost a year old like mine.

The passenger side one is already showing a little bit of warping at the back end, at least compared to the driver's side which is pretty much perfect, since you mentioned it. I'm not as picky about them, as my 2014's were never 100% perfect, but if it gets worse to the point where it doesn't seal and leaks water, I'll be taking it in under warranty for sure.

And the build date is June of 2020, so the Rambox lids can be warped a bit even from the factory, it seems.