Spied the new 2500 HD 6.4 - Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6

TX_PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I think manufacturers are beginning to learn that 80% of truck owners don't really care for the massive chrome front and rear treatment. The wheels on that initial pic look like pre-2012 HD wheels and the side steps hanging down 6'' aren't doing it any favors in the looks dept.

That truck would look awesome with the right wheel/tire package and ripping off those old guy steps.

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Chevy is fugly, the GMC is ok, but the mirrors on both are down right hideous. Looks like a put together lego piece.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think manufacturers are beginning to learn that 80% of truck owners don't really care for the massive chrome front and rear treatment. The wheels on that initial pic look like pre-2012 HD wheels and the side steps hanging down 6'' aren't doing it any favors in the looks dept.

That truck would look awesome with the right wheel/tire package and ripping off those old guy steps.

I wouldn’t say 80%. Yeah, that blacked-out look is becoming more and more consistent but there’s still quite a few of us who like that shiny stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, I must be in the minority because I love the look of the new RAM 2500's...not so much the chrome trim, I've always preferred the color matched Sport trims. A Mega Cab Delmonico Red Sport Trim with blackout badges & wheels...:head3:

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
the new truck will look best on black powerwagons....its just what it is..

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
the new truck will look best on black powerwagons....its just what it is..
Nah. It’ll look best with that wall of chrome up front :anitoof: If I wanted color matched bumpers I’d buy a car hahaha. Jk. Looks are subjective. But I do love the chrome

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nah. It’ll look best with that wall of chrome up front :anitoof: If I wanted color matched bumpers I’d buy a car hahaha. Jk. Looks are subjective. But I do love the chrome

Haha I would say if I wanted chrome I'd buy a classic car (oh wait)...but yes to each their own, your hard earned money you get what you want.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Don’t understand having a badge each on the door, fender, and hood... What were they thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I’m th
Don’t understand having a badge each on the door, fender, and hood... What were they thinking?

inking they want brand recognition lol. :893karatesmiley-thu

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition

It’s like they threw them and went with wherever they stuck

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s like they threw them and went with wherever they stuck

Agreed, one of my biggest dislikes in terms of looks is the all of the badges, and specifically the hood ones that you cant really remove (that's just stupid).

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The 8 speed transmission has my attention big time, but the badge on the hood makes loses big points with me. I cant believe something as silly as a badge can be a deal breaker for me, but it just kind of irritates me when I see the badge on the hood. Its wierd.

I still want the 8 speed.
Same thought here. Friggin' badge looks stupid on the side of the hood.

hutchman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
The 8 speed transmission has my attention big time, but the badge on the hood makes loses big points with me. I cant believe something as silly as a badge can be a deal breaker for me, but it just kind of irritates me when I see the badge on the hood. Its wierd.

I still want the 8 speed.

I've been thinking this 8 speed comment for a couple of days. This morning, I took my truck for a 40 mile drive.....some town, some 55 mph hwy, and some hills. The transmission was and has been both flawless and seamless. Shifting is very smooth, there is no hunting for gears, and the transmission really keeps the 392 in it's happy spot.

And while it is too early to tell, the fuel economy appears to be better than my older 392s were. The first tank was 15 mpg hand calc'd and this tank appears that it will be better. We'll see I guess.

But it does seam as if the transmission is well matched to the motor.