Sport/Express Front Bumper with Tow Hooks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDWebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone ever seen the one piece bumper with tow hooks? I want to do a sport front end conversion and retain my tow hooks if possible.

Any advice is appreciated!

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone ever seen the one piece bumper with tow hooks? I want to do a sport front end conversion and retain my tow hooks if possible.

Any advice is appreciated!
Yes, there is a YouTube vid on a 4th Gen tow hook install where the guy shows how he installs front tow hooks on a one piece bumper Sport.
Search YouTube for: Installing Factory Tow Hooks-Dodge Ram Sport-4th Gen.

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
@BDWebb , I've seen some really intricate, painstaking work done to carve out JUST the right sized holes in the plastic fascia for the tow hooks to slide through, like a perfect-fitting glove. Then there's my approach: :grd:IMG_20210921_073314888.jpgIMG_20210921_073413063.jpg

I think my trim piece is still in my garage lying around somewhere.

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hers my tow hook and light bar install. I had to fabricate tow hook relocation brackets and also brackets to mount light bar to hook brackets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-114741_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-114741_Gallery.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 31

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
Those hook relocation brackets were pretty cool, and hats off to the guy that first fabricated those and gave out the design. @Georgiasport , I'm not sure if those are the ones you're using, or if you made your own, but they look good!

@BDWebb , if you do choose to use those relocation brackets, just know that by re-aligning the hooks off from the centerline of the frame rails, you're inherently lessening the strength of the hooks to transmit the full force of a dynamic recovery from the hook to the frame. By how much it's hard to say, but if you plan to use the hooks for any serious recovery operations (if you plan to get good and stuck while 4x4ing and then get yanked out), I wouldn't use relocation brackets. I'd bolt the hooks right to the frame where they were intended. However, if you don't really plan to ever be using them for serious recovery, the relocation brackets do exactly that, they center the hook into the larger opening that the sport one-piece bumpers have. And I'm sure they'd still be strong enough for a flat or static tow. Just no yanking at them.

Last edited:

SouthernBornRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
all kinds of options... front hitch, portable winch cradle, use hitch with tow hook, use snow plow.... with this type setup...
1651512775395.png

OP
OP
B

BDWebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those hook relocation brackets were pretty cool, and hats off to the guy that first fabricated those and gave out the design. @Georgiasport , I'm not sure if those are the ones you're using, or if you made your own, but they look good!

@BDWebb , if you do choose to use those relocation brackets, just know that by re-aligning the hooks off from the centerline of the frame rails, you're inherently lessening the strength of the hooks to transmit the full force of a dynamic recovery from the hook to the frame. By how much it's hard to say, but if you plan to use the hooks for any serious recovery operations (if you plan to get good and stuck while 4x4ing and then get yanked out), I wouldn't use relocation brackets. I'd bolt the hooks right to the frame where they were intended. However, if you don't really plan to ever be using them for serious recovery, the relocation brackets do exactly that, they center the hook into the larger opening that the sport one-piece bumpers have. And I'm sure they'd still be strong enough for a flat or static tow. Just no yanking at them.
Thanks for all the info! After looking at how much it’s going to cost to do a front end swap, I think I’ll just stick with my two piece lol. I didn’t realize I would need $1,000 plus in parts to make this work lol

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7