Sport grill removal and led lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, 14 ram sport with the grill slats and active shutters

I want to install new headlight bulbs and I'm told the grill has to be removed?or is there an easier way to change the bulbs?

What's easiest way to remove grill if needed?

Now if I install led headlight bulbs for low beam. Do I need to change any settings for them to work and not flicker?

I have alfa if needed.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can get to the headlight bolts with the grille on, but there's no reason not to pull it. Headlights must come out to do any bulbs.

Pull the close out panel off the top, 4 bolts on the top of the grille to the core support then tug forward to pull the clips out.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The grill is easy to take out. literally a few minutes job.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The grill is easy to take out. literally a few minutes job.

Thanks for that,so ended up getting grill off it was way easier then i thought. I had to remove a prairie chicken haha as i hit one and it was stuck between bumper and grill and would not come off so thought id remove the grill and then change the lights.

Problem the dust caps wont fit with the low beam led installed and the high beam bulb wont go in because its to big for the plastic housing haha.

What do yall recommend for high beam bulbs and where can i get bigger dust caps in canada