Sport Hood Bezel LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is my latest project, looking to add a little accent lighting in the bezels of my sport hood. Nothing crazy, just some white LEDs that I can turn on and off with a switch in the cab (still to be wired). I didn't wanna mess with any colored LEDs and take the chance of getting pulled over. So far I have purchased new bezels, drilled out all the holes for the LEDs, attached the LEDs, and did the time consuming consolidation of all the individual LED wires down to one power and ground wire for each bezel. So far so good, I will post photos once I have everything installed/wired up (when I find the time).

Parts:
L & R Bezels 68324990AA & 68324991AA
50pcs 5mm 12V prewired LEDs
1/2" push button toggle switch (not yet installed)

Attachments

• IMG_8518.jpg
    IMG_8518.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8519.jpg
    IMG_8519.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8527.jpg
    IMG_8527.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8529.jpg
    IMG_8529.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8530.jpg
    IMG_8530.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 80

GWhitney

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome project, can't wait to see the end result.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been thinking about this same thing for a while and am glad you're showing this off. I've added this to my watch list because I'll probably be following your lead.

Last edited:

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked up the parts and it looks to me like the project cost itself is fairly cheap (less than $25) but I could be looking at the wrong parts? If this is right then I'm just gonna go ahead and order them and watch this build out.

OP
OP
DoughRat19

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been thinking about this same thing for a while and am glad you're showing this off. I've added this to my watch list because I'll probably be following your lead.
Yeah, the bezels cost me about $21, the lights were $8.50, and the button I bought was about $6. I also spend a couple of bucks on some black silicone to seal up the backside of the LEDs.

OP
OP
DoughRat19

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got most of the wiring done. Gonna try to install this weekend as long as I have time (hard to find time when you have two small kids at home). I’m going to install a very small switch in the cab to operate the lights.
44548809-37C3-4BC7-A0D7-8D8A43E4DD14.jpegF495622D-E820-4D4D-8D58-8DCA3C5A4A11.jpegDE40BFB7-153A-4384-84F2-A8BC315A60AF.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DoughRat19

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finished up today! Lesson learned, don’t wire the two bezels up without a connector between them! Idiot me realized that when I went to install them and they install from the outside! Not a huge deal, I just cut the wires connecting them and installed a two position connector.
44BBB3F0-532C-428B-B073-88D56EB6009F.jpegA97B8BDA-6DFB-4D55-AE31-6F892CCE175F.jpegED07CAF9-AE72-4E55-A700-617B2ACB6433.jpeg510BADAE-7FBB-439A-8613-46E7CAF27BE6.jpeg

Last edited:

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good! But, you know we've gotta see the night view too, right? Also, good poimt regarding the pre-wiring. Do you have a box in the engine bay or did you run all of the wiring to the battery (and ground)?

OP
OP
DoughRat19

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good! But, you know we've gotta see the night view too, right? Also, good poimt regarding the pre-wiring. Do you have a box in the engine bay or did you run all of the wiring to the battery (and ground)?
Not sure if I’m just not a good photographer or what but I tried taking a pic with my iPhone at night but the glare was horrible. I could see every individual LED kit up but when I took the picture is was just a blob of light. I just ran them right off the battery and then ran the ground to the switch in the cab and to the trucks body ground that would be near your left door if you were driving.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if I’m just not a good photographer or what but I tried taking a pic with my iPhone at night but the glare was horrible. I could see every individual LED kit up but when I took the picture is was just a blob of light. I just ran them right off the battery and then ran the ground to the switch in the cab and to the trucks body ground that would be near your left door if you were driving.
Yeah, I understand that as I tried to get night shots from my LED headlights and fogs and it was a blur as well. I'm sure that looks good though. I'll very likely do this with mine but will add that to my switch panel once it comes in.

Last edited:

GiJoeFontaine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am a few months late to the party here. But I ordered all the ladies waiting for them to come in. And then I ordered the bezels also waiting on those. Less than $30 Canadian that’s pretty awesome. I’m debating whether I want to run them all the time or not and how great they are going to be. I’m wondering if there’s a way I can put in a resistor or something so that their lit but not Max brightness anybody have any ideas?

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What a great idea! I was thinking about doing the same thing to mine, except have them tied into the turn signals.

SCARECROW860

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just registered for this! I finally found somebody actively working on this.. every other post I have been finding has been from years ago.. I just ordered my vents so I don't frak up the ones in my truck but I have not ordered the LEDs yet.. figured I'd give the dremel some attention before I frustrate myself with the tiny little lights.
I'm going to end up doing an Amber strip in the mid for Turn/Haz if I can figure it out.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure to post the results of the completed projects. I never really thought about connecting them to the turn signals.

OP
OP
DoughRat19

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What a great idea! I was thinking about doing the same thing to mine, except have them tied into the turn signals.
I actually decided to switch them up and go this route. I am just waiting on some switchback drivers to integrate into the harness. I made a new set with amber and white lights. They will be white when the lights are on and blink amber when I turn the turn signals on.

OP
OP
DoughRat19

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just registered for this! I finally found somebody actively working on this.. every other post I have been finding has been from years ago.. I just ordered my vents so I don't frak up the ones in my truck but I have not ordered the LEDs yet.. figured I'd give the dremel some attention before I frustrate myself with the tiny little lights.
I'm going to end up doing an Amber strip in the mid for Turn/Haz if I can figure it out.
That is exactly what I am working on now. I’m wiring up a T-harness for each bezel and going to plug them online with the headlight wiring. Just waiting on some switchback drivers so that the white LEDs drop out when the turn signals are activated. Will be a complete plug and play system when I’m done. Just install the bezels and plug the harness in between the headlights and factory headlights wiring.