Spray in bed liners: Rhino, LineX, Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have the Rhino liner(newer hot spray version) and have no issues with it. I keep a large plastic tote in the bed for small stuff and the tote rarely moves when driving (even empty).

The factory sprayed liner isn't that thick and it's surface is slick despite looking like sandpaper (think stairs grip tape).

I disagree mine is pretty thick. And is ruff as a cob too.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

busterbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Line-x liner soon. I'm curious, though, about much it covers imperfections and small screw holes. I have about six 3/16 inch screw holes for some garbage tailgate ladder I mounted and removed after I discovered the Amp tailgate step. The Line-x shop said they would put some metal tape over the small screw holes and just spray over it. I am wondering if I should instead fill in the holes with metal filler or bondo and sand flat. Anyone have suggestions as I want the inside of my tailgate to look it was sprayed from the factory.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've had both, currently have the Rhino on my Ram, thrown alot of stuff in there and it hasn't seemed to budge in three years, still looks great!

1500canoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd worry more about Bondo or whatever without adequate solid backing falling out and leaving an actual hole, more than I would worry about the metal tape the intend to use.

If you're really concerned, buy some plastic 3/16" flat or slightly domed head plugs for the holes. They'll spray right over them and it should look good. The tape however is probably the same or even better result.