Spray in Bedliner or Plastic Bedliner which would you get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevestephens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I used paint. It’s better simply because the plastic warps and looks like hell. Also looks like crap when it gets scratched up which will happen. And it’s easy to repaint or touch up.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have an Undercover hard tonneau myself, so I don't know for sure but I think it would work. That may be on the FAQs on the Dual Liner website. The way the sides work is that have a top edge that snaps in under the rails against the outside and top walls of the truck. So either they don't block the rails, or you clamp both the rail and the plastic to hold the cover in place.

I'll double-check when I get home.

I would think it would be fine as long as it's the under rail style. This is the Ram (Mopar) liner in my 19 Laramie with a Tonnopro Hard fold tonneau everything clears including the utility rails.

The finish is actually more rough than the spray in on my 14 Sport and all the tie downs can be used.

yQNdrga.jpg

Bizjettech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would think it would be fine as long as it's the under rail style. This is the Ram (Mopar) liner in my 19 Laramie with a Tonnopro Hard fold tonneau everything clears including the utility rails.

The finish is actually more rough than the spray in on my 14 Sport and all the tie downs can be used.

yQNdrga.jpg

thanks for the info and pic !!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought mine used with the plastic liner-I added some foam under and used gorilla tape to keep it from moving around at all. I have checked it and it is not scraping or scratching the paint at all. Being 7yrs old i will leave as is-however if my truck was new, I think I would get the box sprayed with linex-or rhino or whatever --good investment. Also I am not worried as I have a hard tonneau cover that doesnt leak at all. If you dont have a good tonneau cover then a spray liner is a must in my opinion!

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any issues with the Dual Liner and a hard folding Tonneau cover with clamp on rails ??
I checked mine now and you'd have no issues. My Undercover tonneau has mounts clamped onto the rails and no interference with the bed liner.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI

with the bed rug -i think i could sleep i there!
yQNdrga.jpg

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had them all. Spray is a ***** on your hands and knees. Like 60 grit sandpaper. It also chips and fades. The BedRug was nice but hard to use for things like bark and get clean afterwards. My Nissan had plastic and it was fine but slippery.

I have a Dual Liner in my Ram. Plastic snap together sides, rubber mat on the bottom. Nothing slides, nothing scrapes, and it’s easy to clean.

This looks like a nice option! Never seen that before