Squeaks, Clunks, and Popping noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

konfidential

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the ihc 3/5 kit is squeaky as heck!..clunks and pops pulling in and out of driveways…while turning it squeaks like a raggedy POS…I greased it and all that.. nothing helps…thinking about removing it and going with just stock control arms with spindles or bt springs

*sidenote*
Looks killer and the stance gets compliments everywhere I go…but the ride..is complete sh*t imo

OP
OP
K

konfidential

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All my bushings are new…I’ll be pissed if they’re already worn…It feels like something is binding almost…I know my sway bay has the shorter end links from an f-150..and my shocks are QA1s..I do not have the rubber isolator at the bottom on the springs either…could that be the issue?…the squeaks and pops are annoying and embarrassing lol

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you on Facebook? Look up “high performance rams” and “tuned rams” if you are. They may be of better help.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
If you don't have the rubber isolater on the bottom of the spring it will make a ton of noise.

Squeak, pop. Crackle and groan.

Do this as a test. Drive it in dry weather. Listen for noise. Then, wet the lower control arms inside where the springs sit with a garden hose. If your noise goes away, you have found the issue.

My .02

Last edited:

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got the belltech 2/4, my rear spring isolators were shot and made it sound ragged as hell, replaced emz good to go. Started getting another creak, ending up being the sway bar bushings

OP
OP
K

konfidential

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my front sway bar end links off… still a clunk noise when braking and turning at low speeds. I see a tsb has been posted on ihc website about this issue..I checked for any movement and/or play from the control arms and everything is tight. I really hate to take everything apart to just get to the front springs