Srt 10 weakness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seymus Sven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 v10 viper
Hello guys
I really ask myself the question why nobody complains about the troubles with the front wheel hub assemblies on a srt 10 2005? Every owner of a srt 10 should be aware of the problems with the front wheels..every 20000km the front wheel hub assembly fails and your front wheel ends up in the wild...
So maybe someone can help me with this isseu

OP
OP
Seymus Sven

Seymus Sven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 v10 viper
Yow the brand of the wheel hub doesn't really matter... I'm having these troubles since I bought the srt 10.. About 10 years to be honest.and I find it very strange that nobody complains or even talks about it... I'm searching for a suitable solution for this failure.. You know it's not really a feeling of safety when your car has 500 hp but it also can loose his front wheel at any moment

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yow the brand of the wheel hub doesn't really matter... I'm having these troubles since I bought the srt 10.. About 10 years to be honest.and I find it very strange that nobody complains or even talks about it... I'm searching for a suitable solution for this failure.. You know it's not really a feeling of safety when your car has 500 hp but it also can loose his front wheel at any moment
Well, brand does kinda matter. If you are using the same brand over and over, I would say it has a design flaw. If you are using different brands every time, then you need to dig deeper. More info would be helpful as well. Are you running factory setup, or are there any aftermarket mods done?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You might want to post this in the SRT10 forum,and do a search in there to see if anybody else is having the same issues.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does matter. Cheap parts fail more often. Quality parts failing a lot leads to something else being the culprit. Bad alignment or twisted frame can cause issues. Are you 4wd or 2wd? Improper torque will allow the wheel bearing to be loose which causes faster wear. A twisted frame will lead to the suspension cycling causing bad alignment when cornering. There’s lots of possibilities to go through.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only inherent issue I've read about the SRT-10's, and not sure of the year(s), were the Brembo's pistons will eventually freeze up and need to be rebuilt?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The SRT Ram's use the same front hub bearing every other 1500 those years used. I got well over 100k miles out of mine and only replaced them because I was swapping spindles. I mod the 2 Viper truck forums and know what I DON'T see? People complaining about hubs lol. Usually just asking what brand to use. Don't use the cheapest thing you can in an actual performance vehicle.
The only inherent issue I've read about the SRT-10's, and not sure of the year(s), were the Brembo's pistons will eventually freeze up and need to be rebuilt?
No Brembos on the trucks. They are cast iron, made by TRW. The 04's had sliders, it's the big fixed 05-06 calipers (heavy as f@ck) that have the sticky piston problem.