SRT Challenger Steering Wheel on a 5th Gen Ram Swap.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebelrouser

Reaction score
Ram Year
'22 Ram 1500 GT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I was thinking of doing an SRT Challenger flat bottom paddle shifter steering wheel swap on my new '22 Laramie GT. Will it work? Anyone else done it? Looks not to be rocket science.......

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So I was thinking of doing an SRT Challenger flat bottom paddle shifter steering wheel swap on my new '22 Laramie GT. Will it work? Anyone else done it? Looks not to be rocket science.......
I don't know about the 5th Gens,but you couldn't do it on the 4th Gens,as the splines are differant. I'd check into the splines and see if they've changed them to the same as the cars on your GT. Somebody does make a flat bottomed wheel for the 4th Gens,i've seen them posted on a few facebook pages in the last year or 2.
If you're not a member of the ALX forum on facebook,you should join,we've already held a couple meets in Airdrie the last couple of week-ends

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
The splines will be different. The 2nd-5th Gen rams all have the same splines, the cars shaft and splines are smaller. The center splines can be pressed out and replaced. I don't reccomend that as it could pose a risk of cracking the Aluminum cast and it also never really seats in the swapped casting properly. It would likely be easier to swap the whole column and shaft to the car. I'm not sure how the other shafts would connect but that would be easy to figure out and adapt.
Just my two bits tho.