SRT Oil Filter

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by StoneDude76, Aug 10, 2017.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. crackerjack1957

crackerjack1957 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7...6-speed...4.56
    I have 56k left on my warranty, mods blew it out the window with 75k left......my choice....my money...my decision....LoL

2. corneileous

corneileous Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    If it’s a Wix filter, it’s not necessarily garbage. Just painted white and says Mopar on it.

But it does say SRT tho... that can’t be too much garbage....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I just hate the fact that im giving money to dodge...lol.. They cant build a truck without using the cheapest components they can find...lol...

4. Bigskyroadglide

Bigskyroadglide Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Agree,

I'm so far out of warranty it's all on me. However will also say, 'm not trying to be a rebel, just well informed and using available resources to achieve improved outcomes.

I tried the RL 5W30 on my old out of warranty truck before every using on anything under warranty. Same thing with the RP filter. I have 2 5.7s under warranty and I've made the decision that documented oil changes with available resources within limits of any warranty claim can be reasonable and defended. Otherwise include OCS with the purchase like BMW.

I understand very well the risks. And accept them.

I'm certain you understand them as well. Everyone must make and accept the consequences of their decision. I embrace mine.

I also run RL in my Harley and my Toro lawnmower and my snow blower It may be Overkill in the Toro and snow blower but it has seen previous use before it's added to the either.

tidefan1967, Burla and corneileous like this.
  5. corneileous

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Understood...

I have 82 years left, or 984,583 miles- whichever comes first, left of my warranty... it’s best I respect it or just kiss 4 grand goodbye.

6. corneileous

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    From all that I’ve seen, there’s hardly anything out there that doesn’t attract to the lowest bidder.

7. joshuaeb09

joshuaeb09 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Atleast it's a Viper OE part and not the absolute bottom of barrel OE part lol

corneileous likes this.
  8. joshuaeb09

joshuaeb09 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Ouch 4 grand for MaxCare Lifetime ? Your dealer screwed you on that deal. I got mine cheap since they wanted to sell me some sort of warranty and I told them the only way it was happening was if they gave me the Lifetime for the price of their cheapest option otherwise no warranty sale for them. I also know of guys that pitted dealers against each other for the lowest price possible since you do not have to buy it when you buy the truck. Course my propensity for mod's couldn't be stopped so it's of way lesser value now, but I don't feel so bad not having paid full retail price.

tidefan1967 likes this.
  9. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Senior Member Military Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    :dogpile:

10. corneileous

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Well, say whatever the hell you want but that was based off a $58,000, 2018 Limited that I bought Christmas of 2017.

I wasn’t in the mood to pit dealers against anybody. My truck came from a dealer that was over two hours away so yeah, I probably could have went to another closer dealer to deal with and have it sent to instead of the one I did end up dealing with but, I still don’t consider it a rip like it sounds like you obviously do.

I’m not heavily modding my truck either. I’m fine with mostly stock.

But it’s kinda hard for both of us to see all this from the same perspective since it appears we both have very different views of our trucks so do me a favor and think a little before saying someone got ripped off.

But you know what? Maybe I did pay a little too much for my warranty. The fact that I was able to sell my old truck for so much more over what the offered me in trade paid for a good part of my warranty.

tidefan1967 and McBroom like this.