Stainless works fitment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Question for ya. On my 2012 express I currently have a mopar intake, a race land cutout and a 14" manga flow. I dunno if it's because I drive with the cutout so much but. The manga flow just doesn't do it for me. Also the fact that it looks like a 5 year old did the weld job, and it's driving me nuts. If someone were to say order the Stainless works cat back with the factory hookup. And the headers ( with cats) with the factory hook up, Would both systems line up into a single tube at the y pipe? It would technically work like a ( x pipe, or crossover) rite. Also. The single tube would allow me to still run my cut out. I know, 2k on an exhaust and I don't wanna spent another 200 on a cutout, Odd. But would that be possible, Would it all line up? And if I did run it that way. Instead of both performance connections. Would it hurt performance. Or sound weird?

Thoughts?

Stainless Works Exhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the inquiry, running two factory connect options = two y-pipes, although it would work it would be funky setup. Do you want to buy exhaust now and headers later? Can you send a picture of you cutout location, just curious to see?? Dual Y-pipes would probably sound ok, just not ideal setup.

Our setup with S-Tube mufflers sounds incredibly clean and crisp. The tone will change as throttle input increases.

Let me know exactly what your trying to accomplish maybe I can help.

Paul Grabowski
Stainless Works
800-878-3635 ext 1011

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the factory pipe all the way until the y pipe. After the y I have about 5 inches of stock pipe, the cut out, more pipe them muffler welded to the 2 tail pipes. If I did the cat back doesn't it go from from the factory y into the cat back y? Do you have a pic of how the cat back attaches to the factory y? Would there be any strait pipe left to run a cutout?

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok, I just looked at the pics in the install thread for the cat back. What I'm getting is that it comes down into the factory y pipe, Some strait pipe then into the cat back y. If this is correct. Then how would running the headers into the y and then into the catback y be any different. From the regular catback . The only difference now is now it's coming from longtubes better cats, and a better flowing y pipe. Into the catback system? Lol. Let me know if I'm not making sense. Essentially what I'm thinking I want is the. Headers with factory connect, my cutout then into the factory connected catback. Would it line up? Would the sound be way off? The way I think of it. Is that if I had shorty headers into the factory y. And then bought the catback it would kind if be the same set up only now I'd have longtubes and better cats? O. And do u ship to Alaska?

Stainless Works Exhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The easy answer is yes we ship to Alaska and our dealers will ship there too.

I think I understand your question but I really don't. Any way to give me a call or PM me your phone number and best time to call.

Paul
Stainless Works
800-878-3635 ext 1011