Stains on Bright White paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil DeRochi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7 gas
On my new 2021 Ram limited night edition stains have developed on the inside lips of the fenders. It is stained. Looks like could be petroleum based cause. Poor quality of type of plastic trim! I used Maquires tire shine . Not much , wiped down after applying and days passed before driving. A slight sprinkle came up barely getting truck wet on the sides. Could water on tires caused some spray mixture with the tire shine and cause this . Tar remover on cloth didn’t touch it. Any answers? I’m sick I’m a life long Chevy guy impressed by the advancement of the Ram over GM. I’ve been singing the praises . Only 400 miles on truck. Third time truck detailed. Other times it didn’t occur. Is it something else. Roads were clear of any construction or heat related bleeding. I would like to hear from others with the white paint.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On my new 2021 Ram limited night edition stains have developed on the inside lips of the fenders. It is stained. Looks like could be petroleum based cause. Poor quality of type of plastic trim! I used Maquires tire shine . Not much , wiped down after applying and days passed before driving. A slight sprinkle came up barely getting truck wet on the sides. Could water on tires caused some spray mixture with the tire shine and cause this . Tar remover on cloth didn’t touch it. Any answers? I’m sick I’m a life long Chevy guy impressed by the advancement of the Ram over GM. I’ve been singing the praises . Only 400 miles on truck. Third time truck detailed. Other times it didn’t occur. Is it something else. Roads were clear of any construction or heat related bleeding. I would like to hear from others with the white paint.
Can you post pictures of the stains? Meguiars Iron remover might be the answer [emoji848]. OReillys has this product. I have a bottle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Phil DeRochi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7 gas
Not right now for pictures but it does look like an iron stain per say but also it looks like it permeated the material

OP
OP
P

Phil DeRochi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7 gas
Not yet but this looks like they r permanent it was maquires hyper dressing that I used

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd try claybar and if that doesn't work I'd bring it back to the dealer and see what they say. Maybe covered under warranty if it's a manufacturer defect.

OP
OP
P

Phil DeRochi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7 gas
I got a polishing compound from my paint shop guys and it took 90% of the stains off the paint. Had to rub my butt off to get that far. No abrasives in it maybe a buffer with a little pressure would have done the job. Like he said , it is on the clear coat for sure. He said these plastic body parts are primed painted and clear coated. If u sanded it would get down to black. Good to know. I might put white or black vinyl film over these inside fender lips to stop the constant worry of marring the paint surface.