Stall after right turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Just was driving home from the store and took a right turn into my neighborhood and the pedal went dead. Looked down at the cluster and it told me I needed to shift to park to start it. Luckily I was on a side street so I coasted to the curb, put it in park and it started right back up.

This is the first time it has happened with a little over 1000 miles on the truck but makes me pretty leery about pulling into traffic.

Anyone else experience any stalls in their 5th gen for no apparent reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues on MY 2019, I think U need immediate trip to dealer. Did the vehicle throw any codes, look in Evic FOR STORED CODES

OP
OP
dmalonecentral

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
No issues on MY 2019, I think U need immediate trip to dealer. Did the vehicle throw any codes, look in Evic FOR STORED CODES

If you are talking about the place where it says messages then there is none. If not please let me know if there is some other menu. Drove the truck about 50-60 miles since then and no issues. Keeping fingers crossed but that’s never happened to me in a car before. Planning on calling the dealer on Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, in the EVIC, displays ne messages stored. Now I do not know on these 19's if they do historical storing, U need the have the ecu read. Autozone and other places will read the ECU for U and tell U if there are any other stored, historical codes etc. Up to U if U want to have them plug into OBD and do a check or U just gonna wait on dealer to do. Good U R going to go to dealer ne way, hopefully U have a good dealer with a good Service Department...